02 Mustang GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

02 Mustang GT

Well I was out at the street races as usual and looking to kick some ass after a disappointing outing last time when I blew a heater hose. I just got my new clutch and flywheel installed a little while ago and I'm still learning how to launch it so I'm not up to par yet.

Opponent: 02 GT w/ 2xxhp??
    I know it had at least an exhaust.

My car: 92 lx 5 speed
    CAI, pacesetter headers, custom 2.5" exhaust with bombz "high flo cat", nology ignition wires, bosch +4 spark plugs, clutchmasters 9lb flywheel and stage II clutch, gude cam

So anyways I'm getting some practice on the street before I head out to the track on Friday and I figured I would see how I would do against a Mustang. I can't launch at full throttle because I spin horribly if I do so I got a decent launch and took him off the line then I really got on it and shifted to second and lost all traction and of course the Mustang started to walk on me. After I got traction back I actually started to slowly catch back up to him. He cut it off somewhere between an eighth and a quarter of a mile and I was about 2 cars behind him but I was gaining on him.
    I also got in a couple other good races. One was against a modded rsx type s. The race had very similar results ... I lost traction for a while but started gaining ground and the bastard let off really early so I wouldn't pass him and I ended up about 2 car lengths behind. I also raced a friend with a Trans Am that runs a 7.9 in the eighth. I don't know why he had to pick on me!! I kept up with him till about 40 then I heard this loud vroom and he got traction and proceeded to leave me like I was standing still. One of these days... one of these days... I didn't lose all my races though. I picked on some older (second to newest gen) v6 mustang with a girl driving it. I gave her about 1-2 car head start and ended up pulling her 7-10 car lengths by the time I let off ... it was a slaughter to say the least. I'm interested to see how I perform at the track. I should be pulling somewhere around a mid 9 in the eighth I think. I'm going to try my best to get a video of my car at the track... I'll at least get some pictures.

sounds good to me, so a flywheel really made a difference?

ive been depating on gettin one?

so do u really notice a difference?

good racing by the way, cant wait til ill tracks open back up
    NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Comment

I bet u only get a 10.3 in the 8th w/the mods u have.Get it on tape and prove me wrong.BTW a 02 gt mustang has 260 hp at the crank,,,FYI.
      Last edited by quickchris; 01-07-2004, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Sure you did.......

Dude, your a shit faced dung-monkey!!!!!!!!!

You stand the same chance of keeping up with an 02gt as I would have on a moped with a bent rim. You say you began to make ground on this guy?????????? Ok, sure.

Then actually beating a poor v6 mustang by 7-10 car lengths?????? You would have the same chance of beating a v6 mustang as I would getting my meat beat by Maria Shriver.

As for the video, you probably couldnt come up with anything better than snow monkeys throwing crap at the camera. You probably wouldnt want to share, cause those are your spank bank material.

DORK

Comment

A little harsh! Chill out. You can call someone out but you don't have to been mean about it.
          FSAE(F Series Accord Enthusiasts) "A dying breed..." #15

Need parts? Check out my 1990 EX part out!
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=60011

www.clemsonscc.com

Comment

Well I know it is completely possible for me to pull a mid 9 because when I went to the track last time I didn't have my test pipe, ignition wires, flywheel or clutch and I was still pulling high 9's to low 10's with a horribly slipping stock clutch and when it was 100 degrees outside so yeah mid 9's sounds reasonable to me. H22 guy don't get mad because my f22 is faster than your car and I spent under 2 grand on performance mods. I'll come up with some sort of proof either through my digital camera or a camcorder I just need someone to host it after I go to the track on Friday. It's not like I was flying by the GT, but I was slowly creeping up on him which surpised me. I seriously hope the comment about the v6 is a joke because they are t3h suck. Anyways I was expecting lots of people to call bs, but it doesn't really matter because I'm going to the track in a couple days.

Comment

Yeah, for the most part I have seen people pulling 14.1 - 14.3 in stock GT's. It just depends on the driver.

Comment

The ONLY way you could ever even dream of making ground on an 02 GT, would be that the driver was done with you and was off the gas. Simple as that. Im sorry, but an f22 with your mods stands no chance whatsoever.

Also, good luck on your mid 9 run. Ill believe it when I see it.

By the way wires and a test pipe, :ghey: Not something to brag about.

For FYI I ran a 9.3 1/8th, 14.2 1/4 w/2.3 60's. I honestly dont see your Accord doing anything close to that.

Later IZ
                Last edited by jdmh22eg; 01-07-2004, 07:12 PM.

Comment

damn bro you probably had him until his torque curve kicked in. What kinda mods you got on your car anyway. Get back at him with something I hate the gt's they are heavy but ford is known for that torque I cant believe the camaro gave em hell. But anyway this should prove to you to build it up more dont stop the power and work on your launch bro for all of us where do you lauch at try launching at 3,300 and dont floor it thats why you spin so much hope this helps.

Comment

Oh but I thought that you and your friend ran the exact same time in the eighth? Get off my nuts and get a life. I figured out that I can't floor it but hell I can't even launch that high. If I launch any higher than 2k I just sit there and spin my tires pretty much. I got a decent launch and then floored it and when I got into second I lost traction again and that's when he pulled ahead of me. My girl that was in the car with me and two of my friends outside watching both said it looked like I was creeping up on him so I don't think it was just me. So what's your logic for a test pipe and ignition wires being ***?

Comment

yeah, could be drivers when racing

dont qoute me but i think a dodge stratus has like 220hp, not sure, i just seen one that was modded have around them numbers. and i raced one that was modded at the track (last race) i smoked him off the line (1 he wasnt paying attention, i kno this cause i turned around to see where he was and he was looking at me go....lol) and i also held him for 3 cars and still was pulling on him. and he ran a 19 in a quater when his car is at its worst should be in the 15s.
                      and that day i bent 2 valves and blew 2 cylinders, so yeah racing always depends on the driver....once u get off the line and pass 60feet, then i say its the car from then on.

NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Comment

Just for the record 4.6 Mustangs have no torque whatsover, you kids amaze me. Thats for one reason why with a gear swap some use up to 4.56 R&P THEY HAVE NO TORQUE!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way (just a friendly reminder) YOUR ACCORD STANDS NO CHANCE AGAINST AN 02 GT, DONT FORGET THIS

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER!!!!!!!

BY THE WAY WIRES DONT MAKE POWER, they might help against radio interference, Test pipe???????? Did you mean your mamies CRACK pipe???????????

later IZ

Comment

comon man you didnt have to go there. Us hondas could be better if we had more torque but we make up for it in highend power. BUt mustangs i find it to be slapped down and hadded for more economy than power but I still say that ill take a four banger anytime over a 8 eater. And we have less weight you sure he wasnt just playing with you.

Comment

God damn you're stupid. 4.6L with no torque whatsoever...right... Wires and test pipe are both pointless mods yeah you just keep getting dumber. It doesn't matter if a Mustang makes 260 at the crank really. It's rear wheel drive so it loses more of that power than I lose through my drivetrain. It also weighs a good 600 pounds more than my car. To make it even worse it was two large guys in the Mustang when we raced. I went up to him and asked him if he wanted to race so yeah I know he wasn't just playing around. My driving skills aren't good with this set up yet so he got me when I screwed up, but after that I was slowly gaining on him.

Comment

Spark Plug wires DON'T produce mystical electrical-gnome power:
                              Dyno proof:

http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-ar...rticle_id=8680

Most important quote of the article: "The most important point from the charts is that the stock spark-plug cables produced the highest and most consistent power curve."

This can be "debunked" if yhou have a highly modified ignition system... but the majority of motors on this forum don't make enough power to even need that.

Comment

Working...
                              X