Anybody ever raced a Mazda 6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody ever raced a Mazda 6?

Anybody ever raced a mazda 6 and came out on top? if so what mod's are you using?

their pretty quick, an h22 accord would have no touble keeping up tho. i kept up with him 1st and 2nd gear, but in 3rd he left me. i have an f22a6 with i/h/e and JG throttle body.

Comment

Don't forget to take into consideration which model it is.

There's a 4 cyl and a 3.0 V-6. There's also the uber-dangerous Mazdaspeed edition coming out with 274 hp and AWD.

You probably could keep up with the 4 cylinder...the V6 might be prey for the H22, or a turbo F, but I don't think the Mazdaspeed would be catchable without some work in either the turbo or the swap.

Comment

i didnt know they made a 4cyl mazda 6. i thought the 6 acually meant something. like v-6

Comment

I dont know whether the one i raced was a 4 or 6 cyl, but we were neck in neck until the two lane turned into one and he backed off.

Comment

That Mazdaspeed edition sounds like an EVO killer...

Comment

my mom has the four cyl. and it is a dog(well to me at least). she thinks its quick and i keep telling her to drive mine and she wont because its too fast(as thats what she says) but overall i think there slow

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                That Mazdaspeed edition sounds like an EVO killer...
                Meh, aren't the Mazda6's heavy though? It sure looks like it. The Evo would still own in my opinion, having more research and such put into their AWD system. At the same time I have been known to be wrong.
                Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
                D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
                ┴─┴
                ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

there not.. my x gf. had a mazda 6 standard v6 and i stayed with her. until about 4th gear...

blah

Comment

The EVO is somewhat heavy as well... I dunno. If the weight is close, then the cars should be pretty close. Of course, the 4G63 has been around forever, and the Mazda whateveritis is fairly new! Plus, I'm sure it's a V6 with a turbo, not a 4.

Comment

i was on the freeway going about 90 messin w/ my friend in the g20 and all of the sudden this white mazda 6 flys by and then slows down. my friend in the g20 goes crazy tellin me to chase him. well i did and i downshifted to 4th at about 85 and i did launch first but the fucker walked all over me like nothing. now if my tc had the trd blower...mmm. im saving up for that. produces 200whp and about 180wtrq and still keeps the facort warrenty

Comment

Is the TRD blower availible for the Tc now? I knew it was in the works, but haven't heard since!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                          Is the TRD blower availible for the Tc now? I knew it was in the works, but haven't heard since!
                          it is available now.. and i believe Scion has a TC line w/ the blowers installed already. i remember someone posting their friend's TC w/ the TRD sc factory installed.

93greenakkord- the TRD sc is rated up to 200hp, not 200whp.
                          5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                          JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

I've walked on the 4 cylinder ones before but the v-6 is just a bit faster than my car. Maybe a car and a half head by the quarter.
                            Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
                            registration is free

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMOCB7
                              i remember someone posting their friend's TC w/ the TRD sc factory installed.
                              this one?

its jakfrost's friend. the link to that page is: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=35126

Comment

Working...
                              X