Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7-H vs. Eclipse GT V6

Well, it's nothin too special...

but I was on my way home today.. driving through medium traffic. I pull up to a stop light, and look in my side mirror to see a black 2005-ish Mitsubishi Eclipse GT V6 all kitted out with black spray-painted hubcaps (?) in the lane to the left of me a couple of cars back. I kinda laughed cause it was so dumb lookin.
    So I take off when the light turned green, but didnt go into VTEC.... figued I'd save that :P
    he pulled behind me, and then got next to me in the left lane again... where we both lined up at anothe stop light. Now I'm excited
    Problem is... theres a trolly track crossing the road we were about to cross, and I usually do no more than 10mph over the tracks... but dude didn't know that.
    So he takes off spinning his tires... his dual exhaust were spittin some smoke, so I knew he was redlineing it, or at least comin close... once I got over the tracks, I nailed VTEC in first, then maintained it through second and third flying past him as if he was literally standing still. I could tell he was still pushing it though, cause his exhaust was louder than mine, and it was whining pretty bad

So we got up to another stop light, with no tracks this time, and I showed him whats up from the start.
    Either the dude REALLY could NOT drive... or the Eclipse really is a very slow car.

I eased on it from then on as to not get in an accident in the semi-heavy traffic... but he persisted and kept doing those oh-so-cool "ricer fly-bys" again and again.

I gave him a little taste more before we parted ways, and that was that.

Too much fun.

The ricers are the best! They just want more and more... Here you are with 2 less cylinders, and you're walking on him. That must've made him feel great!

"dammit! the downforce of my bodykit coupled with the engine cooling capabilities of my racing hubcaps should've helped! I had his ass over the tracks though!"

Comment

LOL!!!

yeah, I can only imagine what he was thinkin when his shiny $15,000+ car lost to my old rust-box
      4-cyl FTW!

lol
      +1

Comment

another v6 bites the dust.

yeah i hate when you beat a ricer..and they keep trying to race you...

Comment

LOL good race man... Those v-6s are really that slow. Kinda reminds me of the cavy I raced earlier today. I keep pulling on him then slowing down and repeating... Nothing to brag about but it was still fun...
          Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
          registration is free

Comment

I can believe it, your car is hella quick man. Haha way to bash on the 26,000 dollar eclipse v6.

Deevergote: thanks for the quote man.

"dammit! the downforce of my bodykit coupled with the engine cooling capabilities of my racing hubcaps should've helped! I had his ass over the tracks though!"

Comment

not to down you or anything but ehhh i dont recall the v6 coming with hubcaps but if it did all in all good shit .

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                not to down you or anything but ehhh i dont recall the v6 coming with hubcaps but if it did all in all good shit .
                thats what I thought too...

but he had the GT emblem on the back, and a V6 badge on each side fender

he had dual exhaust too... did the v6's come with that?

Comment

I dont remember any coming with dual exhaust... Did it sound like a v6?
                  Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
                  registration is free

Comment

i guess so, yeah. it definitely didnt sound ANYTHING like a honda motor.

Comment

the come witht he badges..as for the dual exhaust im not so sure about, but i think they did... however, that doesnt mean he cant have a 4cyl and done a fake dual exhaust and bought the badges from the dealership!

Check Out My Car

Comment

no eclipse owner would take that much time to do that to their car.

sparkle it is winter, and they could have had rims on their car but took em off.

EDIT: im a dumbass, arizona is a desert with no salt or snow on the roads

Comment

maybe he had nice wheels, and they got jacked or somethin

idunno

Comment

LaunchPaD

90 coupe/jdmh22 Sold 4/18
                            92 Integra LS

Comment

Maybe he thought those steelies w/ hubcaps made him lighter!?

Nice kill tho

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
                              ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Members Sold To (Vouches):
                              ALOW1, Phempa, hpaccord91, aznsyco84, 93EXaesthetic, civic_90_08, wrichards2005, SuperTuner12010, JDM_EJ, Ralphie, cooneyb81, HondaFan81, quakerjoe, tanNn2koo, 91Accord-LX, JARHEAD293, TheNextAZN, (TONS MORE)

Comment

Working...
                              X