1/4 mile questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/4 mile questions

okay i just got my accord the other day. its a 4 door ex. right now i have to get a new batery and fix it up a bit, but i was wondering what some of the times where on it... like 1/4 mile stock. 0-6 stock. and any other things that you could tell me...

Depends on your transmission and the driver. Prob if its running right around 9 sec 0-60 and around a 17 sec quarter mile. I just remember seeing this in like an old episode of road and track or some sort of magazine like that.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

hasn't this question been answered numerous times?

Comment

there was a bone stock DX that ran 15.9 i believe... video on here to prove it too

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord
          there was a bone stock DX that ran 15.9 i believe... video on here to prove it too
          Yeah, that's a really great example that those 9 second 0-60 and 17 sec. 1/4 mile times aren't always accurate!

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7
            Yeah, that's a really great example that those 9 second 0-60 and 17 sec. 1/4 mile times aren't always accurate!
            True that. I ran 16 flats all the time and got the time slips to prove it... I hope I'm in the 14s now but we'll find out sunday.
            Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
            registration is free

Comment

keep in mind that a magazine is simply borrowing a car, we that own the cars they test have years of practicing and trial and error to better the launch shifts,etc.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
              "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
              "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Ive seen the DX video in fact i have it on my comp. Im just saying that just off the top of my head. But yea it all comes back down to the driver at the end.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

driver and condition of vehicle makes freaking huge difference in times. some 4th gens get 19's in 1/4 mile.....other can get low 16's....then there are the few that slow down/stop the races bc their 1/4 mile time is more like the amt of time u wait in line at the DMV!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
                    keep in mind that a magazine is simply borrowing a car, we that own the cars they test have years of practicing and trial and error to better the launch shifts,etc.
                    meh... I usually can take any car my buddies own and run a faster time than they do. The first time I really got on it at the track with my car I ran a faster time than the mags say. I say its more along the lines that the magazine test cars are usually brand new and not broken in. Cause anyone who can slam gears and get a decent launch will run good times at the track.
                    Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
                    registration is free

Comment

I could tell you to search.
                      To-Do List for Today
                      Be Awesome

Comment

Working...
                      X