last races before I blew my motor on Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

last races before I blew my motor on Thursday

I figured I'd entertain ya'll with a few racing stories while I'm stuck at home. Well thursday night is the usual night everyone meets and cruises the streets... you know the usual stuff. Well anyways theres this guy there that drives a stock srt-4 (actually he sucks at driving and has ran a best time of like 15.4) and he always talks shit about my cb7. Stuff like "why you driving that piece of junk when your in the military making all that money." Hehe he doesn't know I have a h22 yet and still to this day doesn't know. Well we take it on the street and pull out from the parking lot I left a stock z24 cavy and a few other civics and finally got beside the srt. We go from a 40 roll I put at least 2 cars on him by the time I hit third. It was more of a murder than a race. I tried to get him to line up with me at the next light but he turned off and went home after that lmao. Instead a new 05 v6 mustang pulls up revving the engine... I'm thinking why. The light turns green and I give him the bottom of first, my car hits vtec and I snap off a 8200 rpm shift and go tire spinning by him and put about 3 cars at around 90. Him and I go at it at the next couple of lights with this nasty sohc civic right on my tail ( he runs 15.1s at the track all day long) and we're both whooping up on this mustang. I kinda felt sorry for the guy. We turned and head toward the highway where my buddy in his sohc neon (13.8 sec car on slipping clutch) the mustang and this 13 sec golf gti are speeding off ahead of me. We all finally make it to the highway where the mustang, neon and gti are about 15 or so cars ahead and everyone else is behind me. Cars include civics, prelude, another srt-4, z24 cavy, yada yada yada. Well I hear the guys up front jump on the gas so everyone behind me and I get on it at the same time... My car is bouncing over the bumps making all sorts of rattles and sounds as I top out third at around 110 or so. I snap off a shift into 4th and contiune on all the while I'm sucking up the mustang. The gti and neon are putting crazy ass lengths inbetween us. Well at about 8k on the tach and 128 on the speedo there about 5 cars inbetween me and the mustang and the inevitable happened... My car suddenly loses power like it hit a governor or a rev limiter. I throw the car in neutral very confused cause the rev limiter is set at 9k and I dont have a governor. Then it happens the oil light comes on and I shut the car off. Limp the car to the off ramp and park... Somehow the car burned, leaked, ate most of its oil. Everyone else finally pulls up and we fill the oil back up and the car starts backup like normal but only with a slight knock from the bottom end. I talked to the guys in the mustang and they said their speedometer was well passed 120... close to 130 when I was pulling up on them... So I'll never know how fast I was really going.

The motor held up for a few more days of driving and got a few more kills under its belt too. But as of yesterday the rod called it quits so I parked it.

Oh well good by stock h22. Hello built all motor monster.

Sorry I couldn't tell a better story... Maybe I'll go back and edit in some more stuff that happen that night. Well enjoy
    Last edited by koolkoreanked; 01-15-2006, 03:43 PM.
    Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
    registration is free

Well let that be a lesson to you you didnt even have a h23 manual tension conversion on it serves you right. You should set your redline lower your not gonna make any more power beyond that point anyway. Then you got rodknock ontop of that more abuse i see pointless.

Comment

nice..you were racing some dudes around Fayetville?....

yeah GI's waste all there money on cars..i know..hehe...

nice mang i wish i had my cb7 when i was stationed @ ft benning..i bought mine @ ft lewis but put all my money into car audio instead of performance...

damn..so are you gonna get another h22?

btw dont spend all your reup money on your cb7
      Last edited by 93EXaesthetic; 01-15-2006, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
        Well let that be a lesson to you you didnt even have a h23 manual tension conversion on it serves you right. You should set your redline lower your not gonna make any more power beyond that point anyway. Then you got rodknock ontop of that more abuse i see pointless.
        Well the belt tensioner never failed as the topend of the motor is still good and the timing is still good, so I dont see where that comes in. The engine was already dead and it was just kinda funny to pull away from people with the knock. I know the motor doesn't make power above 8k, hell in third gear it stops pulling at about 7500 hence why I only go 110 in third. Well either it stops revving at 7500 or the tach is so far off that it only says 7500 rpms. The redline is set at 9k cause thats what the is going to rev to when its done.

93EXaesthetic: Yeah man I race every weekend around these parts. I would buy another h22 but I already have 2, one for my turbo build up and the one I just blew in my car right now. A new h22 is not needed as I'm just going to break this one down and rebuild it to rev faster, rev harder and make more power. I can't wait to see the looks on people's faces when I bring the car back out in a few months with no new obvious mods but with a much, much faster car. And your right about soliders spending way too much money on their cars lmao. I need to find a new hobby.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

Originally posted by
          [B
          93EXaesthetic[/B]: Yeah man I race every weekend around these parts. I would buy another h22 but I already have 2, one for my turbo build up and the one I just blew in my car right now. A new h22 is not needed as I'm just going to break this one down and rebuild it to rev faster, rev harder and make more power. I can't wait to see the looks on people's faces when I bring the car back out in a few months with no new obvious mods but with a much, much faster car. And your right about soliders spending way too much money on their cars lmao. I need to find a new hobby.
          nah its all good...you gotta get out the barracks..if you live in em..

its all good..we only have 1 life...im thinking about coming back to the military pretty soon.. i miss not having to pay for bills out of my pocket...my gift to myself when i get back is prolly gonna be a 350z..im thinking about going Air force..i guess im a traitor...but a smart one...yeah..if you ever get stationed out in Ft Lewis the racing scene is way tighter on teh west coast...

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic

its all good..we only have 1 life...im thinking about coming back to the military pretty soon.. i miss not having to pay for bills out of my pocket...my gift to myself when i get back is prolly gonna be a 350z..im thinking about going Air force..i guess im a traitor...but a smart one...yeah..if you ever get stationed out in Ft Lewis the racing scene is way tighter on teh west coast...
            I hear ya... I was going to buy a newer faster car but damn insurance is holding me back for now... In three years I'll have something nicer than my cb... but for now I'm a make due.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

even if your engine had a higher redline set because you had future plans to run it higher, you should have still shifted at normal redline, since you said you already knew you weren't making more power passed that...i don't see why you would have pushed it all the way up in the 8000's to gain nothing. i'm no expert, but i'd say that's why it blew.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathFromAbove
                even if your engine had a higher redline set because you had future plans to run it higher, you should have still shifted at normal redline, since you said you already knew you weren't making more power passed that...i don't see why you would have pushed it all the way up in the 8000's to gain nothing. i'm no expert, but i'd say that's why it blew.
                Well the highest I pushed the motor according to the tach is 8200 rpms... stock rev limiter on the all the h22 preludes I've driven is 8200 rpms. The reason I shift at 8200, or close to it, is cause I have an accord tranny and thats the only way to keep the car in vtec going into second. Whether the motor decided it didn't want to keep its oil, was due to the 8k revving, will never be known. The motor never smoked, never knocked or made an unusual sound ever. Just had a mysterious oil leak in vtec. Oil level was fine when I checked it before I went out that night... Like I said according to the tach I was just approaching 8k and about to throw 5th...

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

Dude let me help u ! how far are from winston?

Comment

LOL! I don't need much help... I'm sending the block off to golden eagle to get it built. then its coming back. Getting the head ported and polished... turbo cams... Big t66/t70 turbo. I'll be back on the road hopefully competing for the fasted cb7 on cb7tuner by the summer time. In the mean time I have a prelude thats needs some loving. Maybe a 16g and a few other nice items and it'll be down into the 13s.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic

EX-Airman first Class ( A1C )

Speaking of Re-enlisting...I was thinking about it...going back into the Air Force..but I don't know...I might just finish school..go through OCS..and go from there...being that Im prior enlisted..going into Officer form this time around...I won't have the OFFICER syndrome..DICKHEAD.com ..LMAO..I know what enlisted personel goes through...so I wont be a dickhead!

I might go to the Army...when I done with my schooling!...thats a MAYBE! or I might just stick with my prior branch ( USAF )
                      Last edited by SN2BH22CB7; 03-19-2006, 12:16 PM.
                      92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                      My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

"Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower! "

LOL!

Comment

wow way to bring up a dead thread lmao.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

Working...
                          X