first "race"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first "race"

so i was driving my stock 90 lx coupe and my friend was driving his stock 88 supra (not turbo). we were jokin about racing for a while now so we finally went ahead. we went probably a little less than a quarter mile, starting at 0, got up to about 60-65 mph.

i fuckin whooped his ass, beat him by two car lengths at least. not quite what either of us were expecting lol... i guess if we went further he'd probably catch up to me and pass, right? anyway.. fun experience.

unless he was somewhat gaining on you by the time you guys ended the race then he wouldn't have caught up most likely. Believe in the power of the F
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

all i have to say is fuck a supra!!!!
      2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
      2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Aight, so you guys talk alot about smokin or ownin all these cars. Someone posted they killed a celica and another a Z06. Don't get me wrong. I love my car, but I know what it's capable of. It was once an auto w/ the F22 in it. But now I'm rockin a JDM H22A and the difference is day n night. I know it sounds like I'm hatin. But if you guys really wanna laugh your ass of at every weak lil civic that rolls up on you, then a swap is the way to go. Worth all the time and money you drop into it.

Downside: I got used to the speed of the new motor. Lookin to turbo this mofo! LOL! PEACE!
        O'skool fo sho! You might hate, but I been doin' this long before you know.

Comment

lol if i had the money i would.. maybe. im not really trying to race people or even hook up my car to be honest.. i just thought it was funny that i beat a supra bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by olivrooom
            Aight, so you guys talk alot about smokin or ownin all these cars. Someone posted they killed a celica and another a Z06. Don't get me wrong. I love my car, but I know what it's capable of. It was once an auto w/ the F22 in it. But now I'm rockin a JDM H22A and the difference is day n night. I know it sounds like I'm hatin. But if you guys really wanna laugh your ass of at every weak lil civic that rolls up on you, then a swap is the way to go. Worth all the time and money you drop into it.

Downside: I got used to the speed of the new motor. Lookin to turbo this mofo! LOL! PEACE!
            The Celica kill was at high speed, so I could possibly see that... Of course, I would back off after 90, so unless the guy was really trying, I don't know how much of a kill that was. The Z06 I believe though... only because it was 2point6... And all-motor H22 putting 253hp or something to the wheels is amazing. Maybe a Z06 with a good driver, who expects a tough run, could beat him. However, going up against average mid-life-crisis man in his Vette who thinks he's racing a grocery getter is another story. I only have a stock H22 (almost) and I've beat Z28 Camaros before (and I know they should still be beating me...)

Just had to defend the kills (well, 2.6's for sure...)

Comment

oh 2 point 6...cant touch that. thats some true shit, that foo really built up his motor and i think shown in sport compact car or something.

i heard alot of bs in my time, but some cars preform better from a light and some past 60mph. i beaten some stangs, and some eclipse, gs and rs....but haha....got owned by a civic lol!!!! i can kill a 5th gen nicely. but there is this one civic in this area that i can never beat, his is a nromal civic with header and intake but knows how to drive...i think i just cant really beat manual civics only auto matics..

but hey, my car wasnt built a race car...getting beaten is fun. haha...especially by a civic!!

iono some cars are tunned differntly...i run alot better than many many 4th gens here....better pick up and all.

there is always that "if"

and yes if your going to make fun of me getting slammed by a civic then go for it, i admit it =)
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Nah just swap it and just set that civic to the list of losers. Now as for the civics watch out for the ones that look like garbage nice times outta ten the put the money into the motor not into the car. Those are the ones to watch out for when you get that swap and you happen to get into vtec youll straightup leave them. dont let it be on the highway its a wrap and be careful not to wrap yourself around the tree. If its a daily driver cool if its a turbo your gonna cry on gas prices and when something goes boom so be prepared. Yeah i cried too when my shit was stock aswell.

Comment

I will vouch for beating a Supra. I raced my brother in his 87 non-turbo 5 speed Supra w/ exhaust in my 92 lx when it was bone stock, and I beat him by at least 4-5 cars. You have to remember those cars weigh like 3400 lbs man. They only run 16's stock. I was running low 16's stock, so if I can pull that I'm sure other people can too. You don't need a swap to make power n00b. Calling people out and talking crap isn't exactly the best way to start out on this board. I will hopefully have some video's of my car in about a week or so to show you how slow f22 powered cb7's are.

Comment

True, you don't need a swap to make power, but it's one of the most reliable ways to get it... Still, a swap alone won't have you beating Z06s either. Having a worked H22 in your car... Now THAT is something that will make your car more than just a grocery getter.

Comment

i don't know a lot of h22 but what i have read>>> just put about $5000 on the h22. then keep the car only to race. i mean image the fun of a stock looking cb7 beating other race cars. imagine the look on thier faces.
                      are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Or you could spend the $5000 you put into the h22 plus the cost of the h22 ($3000) and have an f22 that would be even faster. Either way it is fun to beat up on people in a four door car especially when it looks stock.

Comment

<----- Looks stock. H22. Lots of fun beating "fast" cars... I killed a GTP the other night. He had to cheat to get by me (ran the light, stopped a car length behind me to get up a roll...)

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X