how are my 1/4 mile times???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how are my 1/4 mile times???

well last week i race only 3 times.wasted my money.but i have the time slips in my glove box,i will get pics up asap but i need my bros camera and hes away now but this was my first time racing this accord,its a 1991 ex 5 speed,basically stock,i have a regular vibrant intake with k&n filter.and ngk plugs with 8.o wires,and a new vibrant tail pipe.short throw shifter.that about it performance wise that i can think of and that shit probably dontmake me gain shit anyway.
    well my times were as read,

first race i went up against a mitsubishi mirage,and i ran a 16.9@86 mph i won.

second race i raced a older talon,and ran a 17.3@79 mph,again i won but this was the closest race it was almosta tie.

my third and final race i went up against a 94 accord and ran 16.2@85 mph.i won this too.he mist a shift though at half track so i dpont care about winning that one.

time slip pics as soon as a can get that cam.thanks guys.

are these any good?average?or poor?
    Last edited by 91accord4door; 05-16-2004, 01:52 AM.

Good shit, especially the 16.2, What do you launch at and how much did the runs cost you? Also where did you race at?

Comment

i raced at new england dragway inN.H. last weekend.that 16.2 i launched at around 5.5 rpms,the slower launhc was due to tedline,6.2 rpms,i did find out that it works better to launch at lower rpms,i cant wait to race again on hte 26th.

Comment

oh ya $25 to race.my friend got in like 13 runs.

Comment

16.2 @ 95mph! wow... that's a fast trap speed! I was running 15.57 @ 90.something. Maybe my shifting wasn't as good as I thought!

My friend (93twodoorLX on here) ran 16.6 stock. 16.2 is a pretty good time for your mods, I would say. I'm not sure that you can knock too much more off of that! Maybe try lightening your car as much as possible (90-91 EXs are among the heaviest CB7, heavier than the 92-93 by a little).

Good job!

Comment

16.2 @95mph...i can believe the 16.2 but are you sure that 95 wasn't a typo and you meant 85mph???
            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

thats what im guessing, not knocking your time tho, just the mph, 16.2 should be around the 84-86 range
              NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Comment

2 months after i first got my car i went to the track for baseline runs and the best i got was like a 17.3@83mph...and yes i have learned how to drive now. But still 95mph had to be a typo...not knocking your times...just ur mph lol

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

yeah, i run 15.5-15.7 n/a

trap time 90-91mph

i dunno, like u said maybe type O
                  NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Comment

or he could be lying?

i plan to race my car VERY soon

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
                      or he could be lying?

i plan to race my car VERY soon
                      don't start that...not yet...we'll just wait for his reply

Comment

im gonna assume it was a typo as well. cuz that would sound exactly right, 16.2 being about 85 mph.
                        92 lx
                        automatic
                        slow

but its clean!..kinda

Comment

Yeah, 95mph is WAY too fast... I mean, if it's true, then it's cool. That's more like a time for a fairly weak, slow spooling turbo car though. One that runs a slow 1/4, but gets speed up quickly late in the run.

Comment

maybe his speedo is bad or somthing he ahsnt replayed yet but accord4door i want to race you after i toasted maple/poo1side i want to see what i can do with another 5spd accord

91 accord lx 4dr
                            bullet full down pipe cat back dual tipped muffler 2 1/4 piping
                            high flow cat
                            8mm tayler wires
                            ngk plugs
                            aem short ram intake
                            AUTOMATIC sport shift

ill be up at the drag may 29th import wars at NE dragway i live in gloucester

i dont know about that run accord4door after what you pulled with me stood me up man

meet up accord4door me maple accordr8er chiv and I will all meet up some time and race one another it will be cool theres a place in gloucester where we race after i toasted maple
                            pm me or im me and we will set a date ok

im calling you out
                            Last edited by hpaccord91; 05-06-2004, 06:05 PM.

(\__/)
                            (O.o )
                            (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

sorry guys,slip actually says 16.2@85 mph. sorry bout the typo.my bad.maple why would i lie?

Comment

Working...
                              X