CB7s- Tension between 2 Friends-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7s- Tension between 2 Friends-

After doing an H23 Intake Manifold swap on my F22A1, along with a Short ram intake, I thought I could take out my buddy's CB7. I also removed back seat & AC system. My car is an auto. He has an auto coupe, with cold air intake and full exhaust; F22A1. We went to a long stretch of road, and raced off a stop about 4 times. he beat me by a car length every time. It makes me so pissed off that I did all that stuff to my CB7 and couldn't even hang with my friend's. so is it my 220K motor that is a piece of shit or is his set up better I WANNA WIN.

Originally posted by kc8enb07
    does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

What sort of weight reduction does your friend's cb have done to it, if any?

A full performance exhaust system (header back) definitely allows the F22 to breathe a lot better on the top end, yielding nice gains in power. A less restrictive exhaust system will help take better advantage of that H23 IM.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

His CB7 has no weight reduction

Comment

Well his cb7 is a coupe so its a bit lighter.

Check your engine compression to make sure its healthy and make sure everthing else is up to par.

And a full exhaust system on these f22's seems to do alot. I put on a header, test pipe(no cat) and 2.25 piping to a straight through muffler and a p12 ecu and my f22 came to life.

What ecu are you running? That is great way to net some hp.

Also what size wheels is he running. Looks like you have what 17's???

jdmCITY.com

Comment

both have 17" wheels. Well, exhaust, here I come.

Comment

Originally posted by erok515
            Well his cb7 is a coupe so its a bit lighter.

Check your engine compression to make sure its healthy and make sure everthing else is up to par.

And a full exhaust system on these f22's seems to do alot. I put on a header, test pipe(no cat) and 2.25 piping to a straight through muffler and a p12 ecu and my f22 came to life.

What ecu are you running? That is great way to net some hp.

Also what size wheels is he running. Looks like you have what 17's???

4dr is lighter then the coupe by 10-40 lbs or whatever but the coupe have some HEAVY DOORS
            either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

Maybe you just shouldn't be racing with a motor that has 220k+ in mileage....the motor is worn down and probably no where near the amount of power it once had, no matter what you do to it...
              www.stickydiljoe.com

Comment

Hey bro i dunno how you were driving her but the secret to an AT tranny is power shifting..i mean taking the gears all the way back and going through them. In doing that it way you will have total control. Also in power shifting you can take it too 6k rpm before you shift into another gear...
                Thats how I won the races I ran..try it out that and give me some feedback...btw get some Engine Restorer too (its in a silver can available at any autoparts store).
                accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                ....................My New Baby
                SOLD TO
                ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Originally posted by StickyDilJoe
                  Maybe you just shouldn't be racing with a motor that has 220k+ in mileage....the motor is worn down and probably no where near the amount of power it once had, no matter what you do to it...
                  Shit i race my 227,000 mile f22 all the time. I beat the hell out of it and the compression still reads 210 each cyl. I want to swap it but it still runs so well. Plus I keep killing to many other cars and its funny. I dont understand how so many people kill their f22's. You maintain them well and they last a long time.

jdmCITY.com

Comment

Originally posted by erok515
                    Shit i race my 227,000 mile f22 all the time. I beat the hell out of it and the compression still reads 210 each cyl. I want to swap it but it still runs so well. Plus I keep killing to many other cars and its funny. I dont understand how so many people kill their f22's. You maintain them well and they last a long time.
                    In any case it's still not a good idea to be putting that age of a motor through that kind of stress, especially in your case if you say you beat on it so much. He can do whatever he wants as can you, but it's an obvious issue if his motor just isn't performing. You can do all the modifications you want, it's a tired motor.

An old man can be in good shape, but it doesn't mean that he's not an old man.
                    www.stickydiljoe.com

Comment

i agree with sticky...at the end of the day it has 200k+ miles on it, the motor has seen its day. Its not gonna get this big burst of energy by throwing all these mods on it. Its done. What people fail to realize when they start modding an engine is that you have to start off with a good platform to see any noticeable gains.....if anything, you might of even lost power by putting on the h23 manifold because the F22A1 cam is not designed to take on that much air...if you had an A6 it might probably be a different story
                      "The Fresh One"

Comment

Sticky is right. As already stated above and throughout the thread. A 50,000 miles car vs a 200,000 mile car is a big difference in performance.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Gawd, it's just that I dont want to have to pull this old motor out; I don't have a garage and I dont have a hoist. Yet Im led to believe that this engine has seen better days. I even broke a timing belt on it (idle). It pulls nice though, I really thought I would beat my 'buddy.'

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                            Sticky is right. As already stated above and throughout the thread. A 50,000 miles car vs a 200,000 mile car is a big difference in performance.
                            Get off Sticky's nuts and tell me somthing i dont know. All I was saying how my high mileage motor has run the best it ever has lately not that its better then a fresher engine. One thing to about my car is it has tons of highway miles.

If you always judge a motor strictly by miles you might end up with a low mileage, low compression engine

Alot of people on here are rocking high miles and basic mods should be no problem if your engine is still healthy imo, especially if your have limited cash. Shit people boost high mileage motors if the compression and everything else checks out ok. We drive hondas not ford's remember
                            Last edited by erok515; 06-02-2007, 10:16 PM.

jdmCITY.com

Comment

It's not the milage of the motor, it's the condition. My 243,000 mile F22A1 (H23 IM, Catback 2.25", ebay header, CAI) EASILY puts 2 car lengths on a 98' F23 powered Accord...
                              Originally posted by sweet91accord
                              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X