Firebird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firebird

I guess this is my best kill so far. Took a Firebird off the line. I think it was an early 90's model (not the boxy, wedgie one, but not the newest one). Unfortunately, it was a fairly stock 3.8L V6 model. Still, the thing could take off from a stop pretty well! It was a 5 speed, at least!

I was approaching 2 cars at a light. One was the Firebird and the other looked at first like a CD5... I wanted to move faster, so I chose to get behind the Firebird. My mistake. The "CD5" was really an Audi S4 (dunno how I got em confused...) When he opposing light turned yellow, the Firebird guy revved his engine. On green, they both took off. The S4 KILLED him (of course). So, I figured I'd like to play... I pulled up next to him, dropped to 3rd, revved a little, and took off. He followed me to the next light. As luck would have it, we were first in line. It was my favorite kind of race, where the lanes merged after the intersection. Someone HAD to win... It's like playing horizontal chicken. When the light turned green, we both took off. The road wasn't very even, and my clutch is going bad (AND I suck at launching) so I fell behind at first. I only had about 200ft to play with, and I wasn't going to lose. By the end of first, I was next to him. By the end of second, I was ahead. By third, he was a set of headlights. (two idiots on cycles decided to be cool and do a ricer flyby at this time, over the double yellow line... some people have no respect for laws )

He pulled up next to me at the next intersection smiling. We talked for a second, and he told me that it was just a 3.8L. All he had done to it was cut part of the top out (homemade T-tops maybe? Looked OK.) So, it was basically stock. Still, for me, it was a good kill. The driver was a cool guy too. It's always nice to race good sports!

nice kill mike, should have went for the s4 see how you could stand up against it.
    cb7 sold
    2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
    95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

I know my limits... that thing would've spanked me till I cried! For now...

Comment

just boost your car already and you would have taken him bro. go greddy and get it over with lol. I see your anxious. those s4's stock are highway monsters goddamn german cars.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
          just boost your car already and you would have taken him bro. go greddy and get it over with lol. I see your anxious. those s4's stock are highway monsters goddamn german cars.
          Did you even read, Mike?

Comment

..that's why I like workin at tires plus..I was placing some tires on this asian's s4 ( I am not racist, but that guy had some dough.. I want his job!) it was bright yellow, wit 19 inch black mesh rims. He had a bigger turbo, better setup, magniflow setup, the works. I got to burn off his stock tires..beating anything and everything! trucks, firebirds, I raced a mustang to the left of me, a corvette to the right, and my buddie's pimped civic hb..I spanked the shit outta them all! gotta love the bov sound, but even more-so, the 4wd!!! ut sucked swapping tires though..19's are hard work!

-A. Swift
            CB7 member number 137
            Black Doubt Crew member #2
            Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

Yo, h22sparkle, it would take a lot of boost to beat a S4 off the line. Remember those WRXs, M3s and that crazy ass MR2? NO wheelspin. W/boost though a H22 would murder a stock S4 on the highway and definitely hang w/a lightly modded one for sure.

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
              X