Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprised by 2dr Toyota Echo HB

Yeah, I know.....ridiculous

I was sitting at a light minding my own business and a little neon blue Echo HB pulls into the lane next to me. Naturally I think absolutely nothing of this and continue to wait for the light to turn.

Light turns green and I ease off the clutch all nice and friendlylike and the Echo jumps forward.... I allow some modest acceleration and am surprised to discover he is still pulling on me. We approach another red light and are both still at the front of the line of cars.

This time I decide I'm going to give him a little bit of a run. I'm not going to dump the clutch or anything but I'll go flatout like he was doing the light before. Light turns green and he jumps half a car because I'm not doing a crazy launch....I rev her up to redline and he's shifted into second. Redline on my car in first is about 30MPH +/- and I shove her into 2nd and redline that until we're at about 55MPH. Speed limit on the road we're on is 35MPH so he's chickened out by this point. When he let off the gas I was about three cars in front.

So yeah, I won....but his first three gears of acceleration were suprisingly quick. I wasn't expecting to have to go WOT to beat an Echo by that much.

From what I've read, they weigh about 2050lbs and have 108HP at 6000rpm and 105ft-lbs TQ.

I'm running a fully loaded 90 EXr with a system and 25 extra lbs of crap in the trunk. I've got a MagnaFlow Catback, Ractive SRI, MSD 6AL multi sparx box running a Blaster SS coil thru Nology hotwires to NGK Irridium plugs. I've also got 240,000 miles on original engine and tranny.
    1992 Accord LX Wagon 248K/155 Miles

thats funny stuff....never let a echo beat on your accord...lmao

good kill however

i had a little paseo with a fart can last night messing with me too. that car was so slow that i laughed at the wanna be gangsta driving it.

jdmCITY.com

Comment

Lightweight, decent power (for the car's weight and size), and shorter gearing.

I can understand why an F22A accord would have to be pushed hard from a standstill to get past one of those.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

No matter what you do to maintain your engine , it will still decrease power in a matter of time. The engine and tranny are getting tired. It won't perform good as it was before.. To make an engine feel young again is to go full rebuild. Like you said it has 240,000 miles on it.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
        1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
        2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
        2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
        2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
        2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Toyota Echo????????????

Your car is faster, I'm the better driver

Greetz Erwin
          My last ride

Shakes and Fidget - The Game

Comment

Originally posted by f22cb7lx
            No matter what you do to maintain your engine , it will still decrease power in a matter of time. The engine and tranny are getting tired. It won't perform good as it was before.. To make an engine feel young again is to go full rebuild. Like you said it has 240,000 miles on it.

My F22 with auto tranny and 243k on both, when it was stock, could pull on most manual CB7's.
            Originally posted by sweet91accord
            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

thats halarious!!!!!!!!
              "Self Renewed"

Comment

oh noes!!

time for a rebuild that shits got to go! lol
                "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                Disregard females, acquire currency
                BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Uhhh... according to KBB.com, Toyota never made an Echo HB. You sure it wasn't a Yaris? Echo's are 108 hp, 105 ft-lb, 2035lbs. Yaris' are 106 hp, 103 ft-lb, and 2293 lb. Wait, you're in Canada, though, so maybe the line-up is different there.

Comment

Originally posted by erok515
                    thats funny stuff....never let a echo beat on your accord...lmao

good kill however

i had a little paseo with a fart can last night messing with me too. that car was so slow that i laughed at the wanna be gangsta driving it.

SCCCCCRRRREEEECCCHH.....BEWARE my cb7 brother...

some of those Toyota Paseo owners ...depending if they know their shit...can swap in a 3SGTE....and you will get the surprise of your life!

Im just saying...I only HEARD of one person having done that...

a little paseo...with a Celica 3S-GTE swap..and it runs mid 12s

flatblack painted FMIC ...so you couldn't really tell its boosted. UNTIL you hear the BOV

BE CAREFUL is all Im saying... just because its a Paseo ...and yall at a light....that very paseo could be swapped!

I would imagine...a Paseo with that swap ( 3S- GTE ) would be a Fast little shitter!
                    92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                    My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

P to W ratio

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                      "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                      "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
                        P to W ratio

I would suppose so!
                        92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                        My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

haha great kill..one tried my sometime back but hey you gotta give to him for having the balls.
                          accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                          ....................My New Baby
                          SOLD TO
                          ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Originally posted by sandman61377
                            Uhhh... according to KBB.com, Toyota never made an Echo HB. You sure it wasn't a Yaris? Echo's are 108 hp, 105 ft-lb, 2035lbs. Yaris' are 106 hp, 103 ft-lb, and 2293 lb. Wait, you're in Canada, though, so maybe the line-up is different there.
                            yeah, it is. the Echo came in HB option from 2003-2005....both 2 and 4dr. I'd actually think about buying the 4 door hatch considering the fuel economy. And considering how much peppier it ended up being off the line compared to my previous perceptions! I drove a 1st gen Echo 4dr manual and while it wasn't horrible I wasn't very impressed.

But the 2nd gen 4door HB is actually not halfbad looking........

Originally posted by starchland
                            P to W ratio
                            true dat......i guess 20 something HP difference compared to being lighter by about 1000lbs is more than made up for! I don't think its just my "worn" out engine and tranny, which I have spanked several 5 gens with and which raped a modded 92 manual accord with only 70ks on it........
                            Originally posted by accordtypeR
                            haha great kill..one tried my sometime back but hey you gotta give to him for having the balls.
                            thanks man, lol....I only posted it because I was surprised he would run me that much....I guess it doesn't make me look that good but I'm now re-evaluating my opinion of the Echo..... looking like the one above and getting 50mpgs while still being fun to drive sounds about right to me! And definite props to him for running a modded sedan like mine. And he was an older dude too!
                            1992 Accord LX Wagon 248K/155 Miles

Comment

What he was an older dude...lol. Probably a street runner in his day..
                              accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                              ....................My New Baby
                              SOLD TO
                              ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Working...
                              X