Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I gotta shut the fool up once and for all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gotta shut the fool up once and for all!

Ok, there is a guy at work who owns 3 civics. one has a blown turbo, the other is illegal to drive on streets, and the other I see every day. It's slammed to the ground, so there is an inch between the damn ground and his exhaust cat. Anyways, he has teh b18 motor swap, wit 9.1:1 comp. pistons, cams, dc ceramic header, 5zigen fireball exhaust, intake, and that good stuff. I wanna beat him, since everyone thinks that his car totally kicks ass. I was thinking..h22, all motor. I want a turbo, but frankly I can't mess wit that stuff..too complicated. perhaps the future, but for now, want this fool shut down. he is cool, and all, but dayum..it's my turn at the title at work. This thursday he is racing the other 2 guys at work, wit a built 78 nova, and a 76 442? anyway, honda on honda, what can I do? I am gunnin' for the h22a, wit a LSD 5 spd tranny, dc header, tsudo fireball catback, apexi VAFC, intake (sr) MSD SCI, blaster 2 coil, and distributor cap, and I dunno what else..perhaps some 75 shot zex? What else do I need? Who would win..?

-A. Swift
    CB7 member number 137
    Black Doubt Crew member #2
    Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

if the nova or the 442 are setup right, then nobody else has a chance. good luck regardless, no matter what you end up doing
    2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
    2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

man, I know this for a fact..the nova in particular is puting around 420 hors to the wheels..and they lose a lot of power, though all the drivetrain. These guys have respect for us 4-bangers though, so I helped them build their stuff..brandon and his 442..60 bucks on the ignition alone! Anyway, I am talkin about taking the civic hb..I want that ko...

-A. Swift
      CB7 member number 137

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

Why can't I have work - sanctioned racing events? that'd be tite. Did he say what kind of B18 swap it was? Theres B18C1,C5,C,B1, JDM etc. and it can depend on what he swapped. If its anything VTEC I wouldn't bet the family farm. Those engines don't make alot of torque but it doesn't need to, civics are pretty lightweight. Idunno, itd probly be a close race, if those American muscles don't mash both of you.

Comment

lol, I know what is put into those american cars..I helped remember? I am not gonna even touch them. But, I wanna spank this civic. I dunno what kinda b18 it is, but it is a vtec, and I bet it's usdm..not jdm..I THINK he said it's from a gsr???no idea..

-A. Swift
          CB7 member number 137

Comment

i heard a 300-400hp older car is like a 250+ newer (or import)car
            meaning they damn near would run almost the same.
            gues cause of the weight...

dont bash me for that, just something i heard
            o it was on horsepower tv i think
            NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Comment

well, i wonder how I get there..I know htat we lose around 20% in the transfer from the crank, but I wanna get a good base, and make great power..

-A. Swift
              CB7 member number 137

Comment

Well, definetly get that LSD & combined with good tires ull get a great launch, probly better than that civic cause H is a slightly more torquey motor. B18 from a USDM GSR puts down about 170 hp & 128 ft-lbs stock, but with high comp. pistons and all that mumbo jumbo i bet hes pushing decent numbers. I wanna see this race go down, keep this thread posted when it happens.

Comment

oh, I will keep all you posted..I am saving up for the h right now, and takin my car today to get it lowered..that h is gonna be mine!!!

-A. Swift
                  CB7 member number 137

Comment

Normally I would lock hypothetical threads (as they are against the rules) However, this one is pretty specific, and it could be interesting... Let's figure out how to beat a Civic!

First off, which one are you looking to beat? The daily driver, right? I'm guessing that the turbo Civic would be in the 12s at least, and the one that isn't street legal could be in the 10s (I still have visions of the hatch that I raced... they pushed it through the staging lanes!)

So, what model is this Civic? Some models are heavier than others (though probably not enough to really matter. You still have a few hundered ounds on him).

I believe the power loss through the drivetrain is closer to 15%, but if we go with 20% we'll be safer.

Driving style aside, let's look strictly at the cars. Without major details on this Civic, we can only assume what kind of power it's putting out. For argument's sake, let's say he's modded it enough to get 200hp to the crank, same as the H22. Not sure what the torque increase would be in that, but I think the H22 would still have a bit of an advantage there. SO, if you have a stock H22 and he has a modified B18C1, you're both getting 160 to the wheels, and probably similar tq. Unless he can't race, he WILL win there. The lighter car and equal power will give him the advantage.

As for the plans for your car... JDM H22A w/LSD is a good idea. Aftermarket LSD is better, but stock will work well enough. Don't waste your money on the header. The H22A's header is about as good as you're gonna get for less than $1000. If you want something that WILL add some power, grab the Type S header. Additionally, Type S cams and pistons would be great options as well. The exhaust sounds good. Be sure to get 2.5". 2.25" as some recommend is great for low end, but you choke up high. Any larger and the exhaust flow will stagnate. A SR intake should be fine. A CAI is technically better, but probably not for this application... VAFC is a great tuning tool, but be careful. That can be dangerous too! The ignition upgrades aren't really necessary, as you're not doing any major modifications that would need them. Ignition doesn't add horsepower in itself. It just helps hp adding mods to do thier thing. It could be helpful if you get nitrous... In that case, get the proper ignition setup (at least th eproper plugs, if nothing else). A 75 shot could be a little high for a stock high compression aluminum engine, so I would stay with 50. It's still plenty of extra power.

Finally, there are a couple extra things you can do... remove your AC, power steering, cruise control... anything under the hood you don't need. Then, reduce as much weight as you can. DON'T race with your spare tire and toolbox in the trunk (as I did! ) If you can, rip out that back seat, and the passenger seat as well. The little bit of saved weight will even the playing field a little bit. Then, grab yourself an underdrive pulley or two (crank and alternator should be all you have left). A stronger clutch could help add power, as would a slightly lighter flywheel ($500 at clutchcityonline.com for the set... that's what I'm doing) To get it all on the ground, find yourself some slicks. Be prepared to shell out $60 for a new axle

Comment

Originally posted by yofmatt
                      but with high comp. pistons and all that mumbo jumbo i bet hes pushing decent numbers.
                      9.1:1 is pretty damn low... he must have lost a bunch of power if its a gsr engine and he lowered the compression to that. I think an h22 with bolt-ons will do fine against him.
                      HSHO #3

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordEX
                        9.1:1 is pretty damn low... he must have lost a bunch of power if its a gsr engine and he lowered the compression to that. I think an h22 with bolt-ons will do fine against him.
                        i was thinking same thing...why bring down a GS-R stock compression to 9:1???

he must be in the middle of building up his engine for a turbo eventually....so even if you can take him now..he's gonna come back with boost and prolly beat you and in the end he'll have last laugh. So if you're really set on beatin him, I'd plan to take him on with his motor and assuming it's turbo. Then, you beat him hands-down no matter what.
                        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
                        X