Ontario Exhaust Decibel Limit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ontario Exhaust Decibel Limit?

well....my brother got a ticket in the Accord for a "loud exhaust"; its almost $200!

here's the rant thread I made earlier.
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=120883

so.

Does anyone know if there is an Ontario Exhaust Decibel Limit?

the only thing I can find in the law books is this:

Originally posted by Highway Traffic Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8

http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/sta...es_90h08_e.htm
    Muffler
    75. (1) Every motor vehicle or motor assisted bicycle shall be equipped with a muffler in good working order and in constant operation to prevent excessive or unusual noise and excessive smoke, and no person shall use a muffler cut-out, straight exhaust, gutted muffler, hollywood muffler, by-pass or similar device upon a motor vehicle or motor assisted bicycle. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 75 (1).
    would the RS*R Exmag be considered a "straight exhaust"; I wouldn't think so, because there is a definite resonator and muffler there.

Let me know what you guys think guys, I could really use your input.
    DEVOTE

bump for my Ontario folk.
    DEVOTE

Comment

take it to court viranjith u will win once u go to court they have no proof that the muffler is loud happen to my brother he won the ticket and his muffler was 3inch piping with 4.5 tip was loud as fuk on his accord they went to court he won the ticket there was no proof of it being loud jus a ticket cop gave you go to court dont pay the fine u will win and ticket will be in thrown away, hey if ur lucky cop want show up and u will save some time
      GasOrAss?

www.club5252.com

Comment

Originally posted by hs06 View Post
        take it to court viranjith u will win once u go to court they have no proof that the muffler is loud happen to my brother he won the ticket and his muffler was 3inch piping with 4.5 tip was loud as fuk on his accord they went to court he won the ticket there was no proof of it being loud jus a ticket cop gave you go to court dont pay the fine u will win and ticket will be in thrown away, hey if ur lucky cop want show up and u will save some time
        thanks for the support man; this gives me some extra confidence to go ahead and challenge the ticket and the regarding vague law.
        DEVOTE

Comment

that unreal Viran!! your exhaust is not loud at all!! its the most stock sounding aftermarket exhaust Ive heard!!

anyway I hope you fight it and win that noise law is pretty vague

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
          be risky, be smart, and most of all be creative!

Comment

I know in Quebec they also have a "no straight through exhaust" law, and they simply check it with a coathanger up the tail pipe.
            If it passes through, it fails. At least people know where they stand.
            2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
            Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
            1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Working...
            X