Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your mods, and what's your insurance like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are your mods, and what's your insurance like?

Hey guys,

I just started putting some mods on my car, and I was wondering who I should go to to insure my car. If you dont mind, I'd also as you guys to post up how much your paying.

My car is a 1992 Honda LX 4-door.

For me, I'm 20 years old (just about to turn 21 next week), and I've have my probationary lisence since 17, so I guess 2 years with my real lisence. No accidents/tickets/infractions, and I've been with the same insurance company for 3-4 years.

I haven't claimed any mods to my insurance, because I don't know if they would still insure me, but I will for sure declare them this spring. Last summer I installed car audio of a value of about $1000. I just recently put in performance springs (Tein S-Techs) because the roads cracked one of my stock ones. I bought 17" rims last summer, which I would say would be valued at about $700 now ($230 each brand new, so what do I declare?). I would say that's another $900. Do tires count as mods, and should I claim them for insurance? No alarm system except for the facctory "kill-switch" that needs the magnet-keychain, and VIN etching on my windows/dash.

Right now, with La Personelle, I'm paying $341/year, one way, without fire/vandalism/theft.

That's why I need your opinion. As I fix up my car, it'll be more of a target to theives. I'm planning on getting an alarm-system in the summer, but for the meantime (spring), I'll be putting in these mods without an alarm, and want to be well insured. La Personelle is only a "group insurance" company, where you have to belong to a company that they're tied with. To me, it would seem that they probably won't insure a car with mods, so I don't want to call in, and not have insurance anymore.

I heard Axa, and La Capitale is good for modded cars. Gonna try calling them. Whats your premiums like on your CB7s, and which company?

Thanks to anyone that replies.

dude you ONLY pay 341$ a YEAR holy fuck. I pay well over 2000 for BASIC not covered with my car. They only pay for their damage. it sucks bro

1993 Honda Accord - Dedicated cb7tuner

Comment

110/monthly liability,State Farm...i'm not crazy with the aftermarket so i dont need to worry bout rising insurance, i stick genuine Honda OEM performance.....insurance stays the same......
      Last edited by ehulst; 02-25-2006, 01:21 AM.
      93 Accord- SOLD
      94 Civic- F22a1 Swap, current DD

Comment

Originally posted by teh win
        dude you ONLY pay 341$ a YEAR holy fuck. I pay well over 2000 for BASIC not covered with my car. They only pay for their damage. it sucks bro

Wow, really? Must be much different in states, with the prices you guys are giving me.

We're talking about a CB7 here, right? 1990-1993 Honda Accord?

Well, it's been 4 years I've been with the same insurance company, and I started off paying $700 a year for a pontiac sunbird. How old are you guys, and how long have you been with the insurance?

I was asking here to know what prices I would expect for a modded CB7 in Montreal, but prices don't seem that bad anymore considering how much you guys pay there.

Comment

my cars 100$ a month for full coverage under my parents name, no mods besdies stereo and intake, but the guy said it didnt matter

My Members Ride Page

Comment

yeah I pay a ton. manly because I got pulled over so many times for shit done to my car. Exhaust, license plate covers, etc. It';s kinda bs. but oh well

Comment

i pay like 2k+ per year for my car, however i have my own coverage, because i own my car...
              Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

i pay 350 a year for one way. i don't have responsible accidents. it's always the bitch that causes it's company that pays. although i will be getting it reevaluated once i get my carbon hood. and maybe get some theft coverage and a tracking system of some kind. but yeah my biggest mod would be the H22 and maybe xenons.

Comment

wow $350 a year! and thats canadian? i used to pay more than that a month when i first got a car..im down to about $1300 a year in MA, and that is CHEAP.

god bless America
                  Last edited by Accord R33; 02-28-2006, 05:50 PM.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

omg what cities are you canadian guys living in...such good prices

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

I live in a suburb on the South-Shore of Montreal, about 15-20 mins from the island. I'm sure if I was living downtown, it would be considerably more. I hope my premium doesn't go up that much with the mods I have/will be puttung, though.

DeathFromAbove, who are you insured with, or who are you planning to go to when you have these mods done?

Comment

i unno who i'm with, i think it's union canadienne....i just went with whatever my dad put me with. i'm in laval btw. it shouldn't shoot up that much. my dad said the engine won't really change anything, as it's just a stock engine, and it's not like it's boosted or anything. and to the company, an accord is still an accord, a grocery getter. it'll always be cheaper than any civic. cause it doesnt fit the typical profile of a boy-racer car or car owner.

Comment

i pay around $2300+ ..but it's gon' be more now since i just got in an accident this past thursday..

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

$105/month for me and the other person's damage and bodily injury with drive insurance from progressive

Comment

I pay $68 a month right now with full coverage. I have not told my insurance company about any mods yet. When I first got wheels for my car they wouldn't even insure them. They don't insure modified cars. But I'm at the point now I will have to switch to someone that will insure it modified - I have too much invested.
                              Anything is possible when you don't know what your talking about............

Comment

Working...
                              X