Cruising places

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruising places

So where is everyone's favorite place to just cruise? Either a good street to show what You've got, or a long meandering highway with minimum 5-0 coverage, or any other definition of cruise You'd like to use.

Along the same idea, does anyone else have any "benchmark" curves or stretches of road they use to test their cars?

Personally, my favorite cruise is Skyline Drive. Beautiful, winding two-lane highway that's pretty open most of the year. As for a benchmark, I use Georgetown Pike between VA Route 7 and 495.
    '91 accord (gone but not forgotten)
    '01 330i (now the wife's)
    next? pcar pending return home

Originally posted by uslspct
    It would be like crack. So addicting yet so stupid.

Hmmm.. good thread For a highway cruise, i personally like Rt. 695 which goes around Baltimore and RT. 83 North from Baltimore towards PA. On both of these roads, everyone pretty much drives 65 mph + and its easy to blend in and do some fun, yet safe weaving. The only problem with 695 is heavy traffic, so there are only certain good times to travel on that road. Rt. 301 is also in this category.

As far as testing out my car on curves and straights, I use an old back road here in southern maryland called Brown Rd. Its a 2 way, 2 lane road about 3 miles long. There are minimal side roads on it and not much traffic, so its pretty safe as long as you're careful. Actually, here are some quick clips of me driving on Brown Rd: www.cb7tuner.com/BrownRoad.wmv

Comment

I live 20 min away form frederick and Rt340 is good. minimum 5-0 count and ppl race there all the time. I have gone 110 down it numerous times. The last time i was there i got into it with a hot chick in a convertble beamer, i won after we hit 90, there are also alot of back roads around the frederick/brunswick/boonsboro/Pt of rocks area.
      My Ride r.i.p.

My new ride

Comment

nice. yeah i've been up near frederick a few times cruising around when i get bored at school. usually i just get on 270 though... which is pretty open.

Comment

My CB7 and I seem to get some attention when I cruise A1a down here in Florida ..

Its a great road to check out the surf and the babes ..

A Hui Hou !!!
          Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda
            Its a great road to check out the surf and the babes ..
            nice. i wish i had some beaches or a shoreline around here to cruise by. there's a place called solomons island, but its really small and you pretty much have to creep through at 15 mph with all of the people walking around. i guess I'll have to make my road trip to ocean city sometime before the end of the summer

Comment

have to jump in on this one:

in PA:
              Rte 309 North from North Wales to Tamaqua ... its a good 3 hour haul but its beautiful

also rte 611 North along the delaware river from doylestown up to near marshall's creek... and the 209 which runs between these two roads is fan-fucking-tastic, too

breathing is deadly underwater...

Comment

If I want to cruise for a long time, I'll hop on 270 and and stay on that for awhile.

If I want to test my car, there's some open, smooth roads out in the country.

If I want to test my suspension, I have 2 sets of big S curves to have fun on.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
                91 accord lx (5spd)
                92 accord lx (5spd)
                93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

Pigeon Forge during any big car show.. where the NOPI show should be again instead of Bristol.

And you'll see all kinds of cars ranging from 100 to 100,000 in value.

Last edited by akrodha; 08-07-2005, 08:00 PM.

My Cardomain

Current Score: Cops - IV Me - V
                  Quote of the moment: "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."
                  Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
                  Simulation Racing Thread i.e. PC, PS2 & XBOX

Comment

I Like to open my car on the L.I.E (495) and cruise on Deer Park ave (exit 51 off the L.I.E)
                    Spell Race car Backwards and what do you get

Comment

Working...
                    X