This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
    5 speed swap is in progress...I have probably 60% of the parts.
    Very nice, good upgrade if you must keep the car or body is in great shape.

On another note, I'm making progress on my white project issues. Details in my project thread. Basically, the tune is the main problem and motor is fine. Atleast I have direction again. Still hope to be driving before winter snow.
    Last edited by HondaFan81; 06-25-2009, 09:50 AM.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

buying everything i need for black leather interior, probably about 50% of the way there. coming soon also is an intake, which will be the opening of pandora's box of engine work for me. Hope to be doing more engine work soon
      MRT

Comment

Originally posted by ryaniskingofyou View Post
        buying everything i need for black leather interior, probably about 50% of the way there. coming soon also is an intake, which will be the opening of pandora's box of engine work for me. Hope to be doing more engine work soon
        I'll turn you to the dark side.
        There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

any meets coming up closer to ia.. ohio is a bit far for me being on parole...

parole = FAIL
          ** BUY MY STUFF **

Comment

Any "non-typical" projects going on in this region?

Things other than the typical F22s with I/H/E mods, H22 swaps or stock motors. Just curious. I don't post much in this regional area, but I browse and perhaps I have missed something.

Comment

hondabob is doing some cool things, im very excited to see his cb!

other than that i think its just swaps

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

I just finished a 5 speed swap.
                There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

That it? I hope there is more going on. Anyone else?

Why is it about our area that we don't have as much going on compared to other regions? Is it our winter weather and the road salt that corrodes our cars? Is it because we are near Detroit and we are a "supposed" domestic market? Regionally, is our economy worse between Michigan and Ohio compared to others? I still feel that if I want to attend a decent car meet, I have to go out-of-state. I have kept an eye on your Ohio Crew and it started off alright, but it seems like you guys are having trouble forming meets lately. It seems your crew is more about forming friendships, which is OK. I'm more interested in the automotive performance/technical knowledge aspect, rather than forming friendships alone. That is why we have butted heads in the past, I just have a different mindset.

Anyone else feel this way?

I'm getting closer to making my project car roadworthy. I've noticed that there are some local car clubs, but they are not Accord specific. I'm curious to find out how active they are, I shall see.
                  Last edited by HondaFan81; 08-20-2009, 08:55 AM.

Comment

yes i think economically we have issues, most people in the midwest are in that category that is the hardest hit.

thankfully i myself havent gotten hit with these problems...

but also i think age and means play a big part of the lack of more exstensive builds. the people doing builds *(elsewhere)* are way younger than a lot of the people in our area and dont have the family or house that most of us have so they have money to use on builds and usually live at home so their time isnt limited like those of us who work more than full time and have a home/apartment to take care of afterwards.

i like the tight-knit feel of our group, but seeing some more exstensive builds would be cool

i just dont care for that aspect, id rather drag the metal off my car

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

I agree about your statement on the economy in our area now, but honestly this was going on even before it hit. I started my projects in 2005 and it's been the same scenario.

It's not that I wouldn't like a car club to eventually become cool with one another, it's that I first seek that performance/technical connection and it flows from there. IMO, that is what links us as enthusiasts and frankly I already have friends that are not car related.

Perhaps it is regional, as your picture of this area does seem to be accurate. However, it is not uncommon that people of Carribean decent are older with family as well, yet you see them being pioneers in this industry. Look at all the island boys around the world pushing the envelope. I also noticed that Florida tends to have a higher population of that community and it's strange but cool how they still retain that mindset. I have personally people from Puerto Rico, Jamaica, Trinidad Tobago, etc that love cars. Even in California, you have older people still into the game. I too happen to be half Dominican, so maybe I got the bug too. I an Puerto Rican uncle as well into it still and one of his sons.

On the positve side, I have found a few people in my new neighborhood with the bug and project cars, have met one of them. Eventually I'd like to get in touch with all and perhaps help one another out or attend events, etc.

Anyhow, that is all for now. I know this is a sensitive topic.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
                        I agree about your statement on the economy in our area now, but honestly this was going on even before it hit. I started my projects in 2005 and it's been the same scenario.

It's not that I wouldn't like a car club to eventually become cool with one another, it's that I first seek that performance/technical connection and it flows from there. IMO, that is what links us as enthusiasts and frankly I already have friends that are not car related.

Perhaps it is regional, as your picture of this area does seem to be accurate. However, it is not uncommon that people of Carribean decent are older with family as well, yet you see them being pioneers in this industry. Look at all the island boys around the world pushing the envelope. I also noticed that Florida tends to have a higher population of that community and it's strange but cool how they still retain that mindset. I have personally people from Puerto Rico, Jamaica, Trinidad Tobago, etc that love cars. Even in California, you have older people still into the game. I too happen to be half Dominican, so maybe I got the bug too. I an Puerto Rican uncle as well into it still and one of his sons.

On the positve side, I have found a few people in my new neighborhood with the bug and project cars, have met one of them. Eventually I'd like to get in touch with all and perhaps help one another out or attend events, etc.

Anyhow, that is all for now. I know this is a sensitive topic.
                        understandable, i see your point completly because no one is really into the same shit i am

i just hang to hang, seeing other accords and the family feel of our group is perfect for me whether they are doing anything or not...i know these guys would drop anything to help the others and vice versa which is a good thing to have.
                        but for someone like yourself who wants to see in-depth builds, it would be boring around here(unless you like civics or tegs).

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen View Post
                          it would be boring around here(unless you like civics or tegs).
                          thanks Jake My dd is a civic and my toy is the teg!

I've actually been saving up so that I can do some engine work to the teg. Plus its hard to go to meets w/o a license. 3 more weeks!!!!
                          R.I.P. Molly, you will be missed. Only 16 and your life taken away from an irresponsible driver. (10/14/08)

Sold to: Boost_Lee | Cby0 | CB710AE | CB7lx91 | Davids92Accord | Driftspec310 | F22HB | sunburn | Wed3k

Comment

Hey anybody in or around IA care to help me with my idle issue? its LOPING.. happend right after i cleaned my IAC
                            ** BUY MY STUFF **

Comment

Originally posted by 93tunerofdacb7 View Post
                              Hey anybody in or around IA care to help me with my idle issue? its LOPING.. happend right after i cleaned my IAC
                              not in here sugar, this is project news!

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Blew out mauh header gasket... again.
                                wat?

Comment

Working...
                                X