This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elvisadams View Post
    nope, didnt know you needed to do that, i havent drove it yet, i think my slave cyl is bad, or im just not bleeding it right. btw how do i do that?
    I have good luck with pushing the clutch fork manually while someone is pushing on the clutch peddal and keep repeating the bleeding process

once you get the large amount of air out , you can tell by peddal feel and clutch movement then you no loger have to move the fork

this is how I have done it work pretty well for me although I to need to change me clutch master and slave cylnders
    WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

yea, but the car is in urbana now, im workin on it at my uncles farm, he has more tools and stuff to do it than i do! if you want im goin to be in urbana tomorrow all day till about 3, where are you
      from?
      I am from springfield originally , my uncle owns a trailer sales place in urbana
      , but I now live in columbus

Comment

Originally posted by sunburn View Post
        I am from springfield originally , my uncle owns a trailer sales place in urbana
        , but I now live in columbus
        is it the one out on 814(i think thats it)(just b4 a big hill on 36)and next to a car lot? cuz i know where that is!
        Im not an angry driver.....I just LOVE speed!
        OHIO CB7'S

Comment

I have good luck with pushing the clutch fork manually while someone is pushing on the clutch peddal and keep repeating the bleeding process

once you get the large amount of air out , you can tell by peddal feel and clutch movement then you no loger have to move the fork

this is how I have done it work pretty well for me although I to need to change me clutch master and slave cylnders
          do you mean pushin twards the engine? cuz i got a act pressure plate and dont think i could push it open if my life depended on it! lol
          OHIO CB7'S

Comment

do you mean pushin twards the engine? cuz i got a act pressure plate and dont think i could push it open if my life depended on it! lol
            should only go one way ....... let me see what jake is doing maybe I can roll down this weekend I can try and help you out as much as possble

Comment

should only go one way ....... let me see what jake is doing maybe I can roll down this weekend I can try and help you out as much as possble
              sounds good! i hope to have it done by then...what would you recomend for tranny fluid, i got the m2a4 tranny, and i saw where 10w-40 motor oil would work???? not to sure about that one.
              OHIO CB7'S

Comment

sounds good! i hope to have it done by then...what would you recomend for tranny fluid, i got the m2a4 tranny, and i saw where 10w-40 motor oil would work???? not to sure about that one.
                I might be free on fri and use honda manual trans fluid IT DOES seem to make differance

Comment

I might be free on fri and use honda manual trans fluid IT DOES seem to make differance
                  i cant find that stuff any where around here, were do i get it from?
                  OHIO CB7'S

Comment

I was checking out your MRRIDEthread I really dig that car!
                    Thanks man. It's getting there.

"kool, did u need to run a oil line for the vtec? i forgot if thats needed on that swap"

It's not needed on the h series, just on the b-series when you go ls/vtec
                    on the h-series you need to take out an oil plug on top of the block.

And H23?vtec ftmfw!!!

What's up Josh my names Cory!! lol
                    Honda-mans best friend!
                    who said it was a dog?
                    PINOY PRIDE
                    OHIO CB7's

Comment

SUNBURN....

....Whats going on with your H23? You going vtec with it or no?
                      Honda-mans best friend!
                      who said it was a dog?
                      PINOY PRIDE
                      OHIO CB7's

Comment

Originally posted by whitecoupe91 View Post
                        Thanks man. It's getting there.

"kool, did u need to run a oil line for the vtec? i forgot if thats needed on that swap"

It's not needed on the h series, just on the b-series when you go ls/vtec
                        on the h-series you need to take out an oil plug on top of the block.

And H23?vtec ftmfw!!!

What's up Josh my names Cory!! lol
                        hey cory hows it goin?
                        i had to put that damn timing belt in and out like 5 times today, pissed me off a little
                        cam timing is a bitch to do in the car, much easier on the stand! i still gotta tighten everything up too. and hopefully ill be driving in a day or two. i think im gonna put them timing belt covers on too, just in case i hit a few rocks or something, i cant wait till she is done!
                        OHIO CB7'S

Comment

At least you got it done lol. When I put a clutch master cylinder in my car I left the bleeder valve open on the slave cyl with the cap off of the c.m.cyl and let the fluid drip until it was a steady leak. Tightened it up pumped the pedal and used a 2x4 to push it on the last pump and stuck it in front of the seat to hold it down (I happened to have a piece around at the perfect length) and bleed the system, close the valve and do it a few more times untill it feels right.

If that made any sense lol it's hard to explain!!!
                          Honda-mans best friend!
                          who said it was a dog?
                          PINOY PRIDE
                          OHIO CB7's

Comment

At least you got it done lol. When I put a clutch master cylinder in my car I left the bleeder valve open on the slave cyl with the cap off of the c.m.cyl and let the fluid drip until it was a steady leak. Tightened it up pumped the pedal and used a 2x4 to push it on the last pump and stuck it in front of the seat to hold it down (I happened to have a piece around at the perfect length) and bleed the system, close the valve and do it a few more times untill it feels right.

If that made any sense lol it's hard to explain!!!
                            i understand it! i have heard of usin a rock or brick too, thats pretty much all i have to do till i can drive her!
                            OHIO CB7'S

Comment

rocks or bricks wont hold steady pressure though, thats why I used a 2x4 and my trusty seat
                              Honda-mans best friend!
                              who said it was a dog?
                              PINOY PRIDE
                              OHIO CB7's

Comment

rocks or bricks wont hold steady pressure though, thats why I used a 2x4 and my trusty seat
                                thats wat im goin to do!
                                sounds good!
                                OHIO CB7'S

Comment

Working...
                                X