No announcement yet.

Arizona General Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, I know I'm in the Northwest, but in March I'm going to be moving to Avondale to go to UTI and I was wondering if anyone was in the area, what are the tint and front license plate laws, and whatever else you guys think I 'might need to know about before I move.

Members Ride Thread: LX ~ EX ~ For Sale Thread

Sold to: accord=inspire? ~ Accord214 ~ Raf99 ~ daheavyking ~ OHOYAMA ~ JunyAccord ~ CBsevenTUNER

Bought from: Joshy ~ TypeG ~ agol ~ 92smokeaccord ~ Extacee ~ mak ~ lindiz ~ illestatus ~ F20A CB7 ~ accord=inspire? ~ marcusv8thunder

Comment

Originally posted by rocketman_471 View Post
      Hey guys, I know I'm in the Northwest, but in March I'm going to be moving to Avondale to go to UTI and I was wondering if anyone was in the area, what are the tint and front license plate laws, and whatever else you guys think I 'might need to know about before I move.
      we are only required to have the rear plate. in not sure if you cant run a front plate but i see people with them on...when i moved here from ny i had my front plate on till it fell off during a rain storm when i hit a big ass puddle lol...as far as tints go im not sure and dont wanna give you incorrect info. mine are pretty dark and i havent been messed with, but thats not saying they are legal and you wont ...

Ride List
      1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
      2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
      newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
        We have had a lot more than two meets, they were just before your time.

AZ is a bad place to have meets because everyone is scattered over several hundred miles and it doesn't make sense usually.
        yeah we had a couple good "poker runs" up near scott and rays hood lol

Ride List
        1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
        newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

are all you guyes in phx???

Comment

oh hahaha racing asain its you whats up totally didnt recognize your cb hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by 93blackcb7 View Post
              <--- this guy is in Surprise

Ride List

Comment

AZ is a bad place to have meets because everyone is scattered over several hundred miles and it doesn't make sense usually.
                lol, I will concur with the latter part of this statement. first time i have driven to Phoenix and Prescott to meet people. we are spread out like a stick of butter...

35 percent tint. most of the shops around here will know what 35 percent is. each city is different in enforcing it. most cops wont bother with it unless you give them a reason too. no front license plate is required. when you register your car, you only get one license plate and if you a speciality or a personalized plate you get two plates, but you can have either one or both on your car.

oh hahaha racing asain its you whats up totally didnt recognize your cb hahahaha
                Yes, it is...Racing Asian?

Comment

homes, i have a cb that is modded very mexican ricely. will i get stop by the cops homes?

Comment

Originally posted by RagingAsian View Post
                    lol, I will concur with the latter part of this statement. first time i have driven to Phoenix and Prescott to meet people. we are spread out like a stick of butter...

35 percent tint. most of the shops around here will know what 35 percent is. each city is different in enforcing it. most cops wont bother with it unless you give them a reason too. no front license plate is required. when you register your car, you only get one license plate and if you a speciality or a personalized plate you get two plates, but you can have either one or both on your car.

Yes, it is...Racing Asian?
                    35% in the front. In the rear, you can go as dark as you want. If he asks for "legal" in the front, they will know what he wants.
                    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by accord=inspire? View Post
                      homes, i have a cb that is modded very mexican ricely. will i get stop by the cops homes?
                      Yes and we can only hope that the cops can crush it...

Comment

The actual tint law is 20% on the 2 front doors and limo which is 2-5% depending on maker for the rest of the car and cant go any lower than 2%, and you can only do a 6" strip on the front window.

I know I used to get pulled over all the time with my 66VW bug, 79 chevy truck, 87 Nissan P/U, and 91 Maxima all of which had charcoal or black interior which make it look even darker.

Hope that helps you out rocketman_471.

BTW I'm down for a meet any time anywhere now that I have another CB9.
                        Last edited by dooey52_91CB9; 12-18-2010, 03:02 AM.
                        Bought from: Jack_Lee, Hondaguy1212, cb7dazz, dannyd, frootloops, ncoutlaw, busak87, Losiracer2, KeeleDesign, 1993ACCORDMAN, gdout90accord, sikz6, Type_G

Sold to: 1993haccord, samrjr0044, blk91coupe

Comment

I think Its only a bad place for meets because people flake all the time. For the meet a while back there were about 15-20 people who said they "really wanted to go" and would " be there" then ended up flaking. But from my experience people don't mind a little bit of a drive for a meet. We came up there for one of the days of the last meet.

Click picture to see my mrt
                          Instagram: sikz6

Comment

Alright peoples. Mapquest(or Google Maps--whatever--) how far you are from Quartzsite, AZ. Closest member(s) win the chance to meet your truly, in person sometime in the very near future.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                            Originally posted by Jarrett
                            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                              Alright peoples. Mapquest(or Google Maps--whatever--) how far you are from Quartzsite, AZ. Closest member(s) win the chance to meet your truly, in person sometime in the very near future.

I'm 132 miles from there and I'm on the NW side of Phoenix.

I know that there are people that are way farther than I am from you.

I wouldnt mind doing a meet-up before the new year.

I know that Losiracer2 is down for 1.

Who else is down for a meet-up for the day or 1/2 day before the new year?

Chime in if your down for it and when and where you think is best.
                              Bought from: Jack_Lee, Hondaguy1212, cb7dazz, dannyd, frootloops, ncoutlaw, busak87, Losiracer2, KeeleDesign, 1993ACCORDMAN, gdout90accord, sikz6, Type_G

Sold to: 1993haccord, samrjr0044, blk91coupe

Comment

Ill be there sometime next month. So no rush, lol. If I fly I may not have a way to get around but if I drive ill be in the coupe.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                                Originally posted by Jarrett
                                Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Working...
                                X