Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2nd Annual New York Mega Meet!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i check in from time to time only thing people are deff not thinkin about is 2 things how packed it gets at ochard beach on a sat or sun.... and the fact that alot of people will get lost again..

^^MY OLD RIDE
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3052591 <<**CURRENT DA9 BUILD**

Comment

You wanted something different, and you shoot my idea down......
      I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
      Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      My coupe!!!
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
      Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by daheavyking View Post
        You wanted something different, and you shoot my idea down......
        how bout a preprinted map of out itenerary for the driving places challenged
        http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
          was at Tony's Pier today ,located at the end of City Island Ave across the street from where we ate last time

parking in the back looks good for a line up

will go back and ask about reservations
          I was just down there today and it looks great, but it also looked likes it can get a little cramped... I don't know NY at all but a place near the water would be so nice.

Comment

Originally posted by zmanwit90accord View Post
            I was just down there today and it looks great, but it also looked likes it can get a little cramped... I don't know NY at all but a place near the water would be so nice.
            we could try Seafood City , i saw a few car club meets there

have we selected a date ??

Comment

I like the idea of a place near the water... i also want one of the days to actually be in the city...

Bobby and J i really need you guys to help me on this one and the meet period, last year i didnt have much help and if it wasnt for some good friends it wouldnt have happened..... i leave the second day up to you guys keep it in the city and please keep in mind if the weather is nice that we will need to have parking (i thought bear mountain was gonna be good and we had shit for parking) because when its nice out people wanna go out

also we need a solid way to get there no Taconic Parkway this time as it was very hard on our suspensions and people got hella lost...

if you decide a spot try and see if we can get reserved parking or something of that sort... you guys know the area best, where ever we eat in the day time can be BBQ night time who knows

I have 2 nice spots for the daytime that when i get my car up and running ill take pics of... one is right on a mini "beach" and the other is a water front....

one with a BBQ area one with a bunch of restaurants and plenty of nice parking... so when pics are up we will figure it out

THE DATE IS SET!! July 23-24th, 2011!!

^^MY OLD RIDE

Comment

Originally posted by 1badacc View Post
                I like the idea of a place near the water... i also want one of the days to actually be in the city...

Bobby and J i really need you guys to help me on this one and the meet period, last year i didnt have much help and if it wasnt for some good friends it wouldnt have happened..... i leave the second day up to you guys keep it in the city and please keep in mind if the weather is nice that we will need to have parking (i thought bear mountain was gonna be good and we had shit for parking) because when its nice out people wanna go out

also we need a solid way to get there no Taconic Parkway this time as it was very hard on our suspensions and people got hella lost...

if you decide a spot try and see if we can get reserved parking or something of that sort... you guys know the area best, where ever we eat in the day time can be BBQ night time who knows

I have 2 nice spots for the daytime that when i get my car up and running ill take pics of... one is right on a mini "beach" and the other is a water front....

one with a BBQ area one with a bunch of restaurants and plenty of nice parking... so when pics are up we will figure it out

THE DATE IS SET!! July 23-24th, 2011!!
                City Island for food is good, driving around NYC is hazardous to the suspensions, thanks to our beloved mayor

Comment

I will def help on the second day. I will give everyone my number so if anything, I will be there in a jiffy to help with anything. When your in my neck of the woods, I will take care of ya!
                  I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
                  Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  My coupe!!!
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
                  Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
                    City Island for food is good, driving around NYC is hazardous to the suspensions, thanks to our beloved mayor
                    lol i know tell me about it... i wanted to show people NY but we have horrible roads and alot of people and cars

Originally posted by daheavyking View Post
                    I will def help on the second day. I will give everyone my number so if anything, I will be there in a jiffy to help with anything. When your in my neck of the woods, I will take care of ya!
                    Good to hear

^^MY OLD RIDE

Comment

It sounds like we should avoid the actual city as much as possible.

-bad roads for you who are lower than the average car
                      -easy to get lost for those off us who aren't familiar with NY
                      -generally not a pretty area to look at or be in

Is there like a suburb area that is near one of the parks that was mentioned that would be better fit for a meet that doesn't involve driving in the city too much?

I may be only speaking for myself but I have no interest whatsoever in getting lost in NY lol.

Comment

i drove in nyc a few times did not like it too well and even scraped in my old sedan and that was not slamed
                        back at it again

Comment

Is there like a suburb area that is near one of the parks that was mentioned that would be better fit for a meet that doesn't involve driving in the city too much?

I may be only speaking for myself but I have no interest whatsoever in getting lost in NY lol.
                          I am hosting part of it in my area (suburb) as for the city we will have to figure this out J and Bobby got that covered im sure... and we will have direct routes no bs

^^MY OLD RIDE

Comment

Originally posted by 1badacc View Post
                            I am hosting part of it in my area (suburb) as for the city we will have to figure this out J and Bobby got that covered im sure... and we will have direct routes no bs
                            nice man
                            back at it again

Comment

quit crying, my cb was lowered and i took a few trips to jfk to pick up my aunt and cousing and it wasnt soo bad....then again i somewhat know where the bad areas are in the van wyck, jackie robison and 678?

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
                              When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Someone pick me up, or let me hold a car for the day, I will pay to rent if it has DOHC VTEC

*EDIT* City is out of the question, I lost 2 oil pans on pretty major roads. Plus traffic will be hell, no no no no to the city, it's gotta be on the outskirts

City Island is pretty smooth from what I remember, pretty central to the northern guys, easy for people in BK/Queens (Throgs Neck or Whitestone), also pretty isolated, seems like a no brainer.
                                Last edited by gloryaccordy; 06-08-2011, 10:27 PM.

Originally posted by lordoja
                                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                                X