What to do with my car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do with my car...

So I bent the subframe on my accord a while back. I'm dumb I know. Then I bought an e30 and it's a blast to drive and solid mechanically and what not but I miss my cb. Supposedly the subframe is a bitch to replace and not something I can do in my garage. I'm just kind of torn on what to do... especially because I leave for college very soon. But I need to sell one of the cars and at this point I'd rather sell the BMW. But I dont' know if it's realistic that I can get my subframe replaced... sorry I've just been thinking about this constantly and was seeing if there were some opinions or some help with the subframe?
    Click for my ride thread.

I really need some help guys... I don't want to pay 1500 at a shop but I want my cb up and running.

Comment

You could do it yourself. Pick up a 1/2" impact or breakerbar and get someone to help you. Nothing is impossible.

Comment

as long as the main chassis frame isn't bent the subframe is replaceable without too much issue, the tension rods on the sides are a bitch to get on by yourself so i would advise you to grab a buddy to help.
        Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
        Project 240SX
        Originally posted by chillin943
        anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
        Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

We should have a meet and help him fix his subframe.

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
            We should have a meet and help him fix his subframe.
            Oh my gosh. This is the best idea ever. I just need to find a place to get one. Well I was told that I need a lift and something to hold the engine up. I wasn't too sure, that's my friend at acura though. So orderly and proper on stuff.

I bought this beamer but I miss my accord so much. I went to a junk yard hoping to find a subframe I could try pulling off but I couldn't find one.

So the engine will hold itself up with out the rear mount?

Comment

Yeah. The engine will sit with the two side mounts alone. It shouldn't be THAT hard.

Comment

Hopefully. I'm not really sure, I was going to just go at it this weekend but ended up not starting because I couldn't find a subframe and heard I needed to hold the motor up. Any ideas where I could find a subframe? I don't have much money to spend on this right now since I currently own both cars.

Comment

I could get one from the junkyard.. they wouldn't want tooo much and you could pull one out of an accord without the engine in.

Comment

I dont' know of any other good junk yards, I only know of south end auto which is big but not the best. Where are you at? Or where is the junk yard you speak of at?

Comment

kent

im down to help

just so you dont get rid of the cb

lol

Comment

only mount you need to loosen is the front one. put the front of the car on jack stands. use a jack and a block of wood on the edge of the tranny casing or wherever you see fit and put some pressure on that bitch to loosen the mount up and get that top bolt out. after that its all about the big long bolts in the bottom of the frame and the tension rod bolts on the knuckles. watch out, they have a lot of pressure on them.
                        Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
                        Project 240SX
                        Originally posted by chillin943
                        anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
                        Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7 View Post
                          I dont' know of any other good junk yards, I only know of south end auto which is big but not the best. Where are you at? Or where is the junk yard you speak of at?
                          I could get you one right now from a junkyard down the street from me. It would even be out of a white one.

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

I'll pay you back for it if you pick it up for me!

I would love to get this done as soon as possible. What are you guys up to this weekend? I will drive anywhere.

I'm limited on tools and help. Most people usually flake out on me.

Comment

bbq at keltons
                              apperently?

Comment

Working...
                              X