Suspension install help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspension install help

Anybody in the DFW area willing to help me out with my suspension install? We can work out some sort of compensation for your time and effort.

I have never worked on suspension before and I have no intent on taking the car to a shop for installation. I want to do the job myself with another person's help.

I have basic tools for the job, but I need access to jackstands and a spring compressor.

LOL I don't know if anyone will actually respond to this, but I figured it's worth a shot.

Last edited by palinix; 08-30-2007, 02:58 AM.

Members Ride Thread

This would have been better if posted in the SUSPENSION thread.

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
    PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

Susp is very easy, be confident you can do it and read some instructions on here. We believe in you!

- Daniel
      Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

Not really. hes asking for extra hands to help him out (Anyways it will make the install go by faster each person a wheel that is). I would be glad to stop by and help out but I am not in town. And if he posted just in the suspension section he would get responses like what I just said or its easy you can do it on your own. You can rent a spring compressor at autozone for like 45 or so. Then after your done and return the compressor you get the money back. Jackstands are pretty cheap. I would invest in a set. Sears usually has a jack/jack stand combo for a decent price or you can pick one up at oreillys, autozone. I am pretty sure some people can help you out since quite a bit of people live out in the dfw area.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

My first experience lowering my/ a car lol...

Justin and I just finished installing my suspension and everything doesn't always go as planned especially if that part of the car has never been changed out before. Parts under the car over time get worn out quicker and are harder to get out/ put back in. Before my suspension could be installed, I was told by two different mechs that I fully trust that once I got the parts off they were going to be a biatch to put back on. The bolts and threads were all rusted and stripped to hell after removal. Some of the bolts holding the rear together were welded and had to be cut to get them off. All the rust didn't help either and it made the process take a little longer and I was between both jobs pulling this off on a daily driver lol. My saying is always prepare for the worse to cover your ass especially, if this is your daily driver. The front was pretty simple if you know what you are doing. The rear actually is too. The labor in getting the aftermarket parts to fit properly so we could bolt everything up was crazy. Compressing springs is time consuming without a compressor to speed things up a bit. Everything was installed, just took some time, and the car runs and feels great! The car was only down for a day and a half because I let a shop finish the rear and I had to drive and hour and wait two to get the parts I needed to finish the job from salvage. Justin and I may be able to help you out. I'll need to talk to him first because he is trying to finish his CB7 too and he has all the tools needed for the job. Where are you from in Dallas?

Not lowered in this pic.
          Last edited by Accordolictx; 08-30-2007, 01:07 PM.

Comment

ill help out did my drop my self in about 2 1/2 hours

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys.

Accordolictx: I'm sure there will be a bunch of problems to deal with... just what you get when working on old cars like ours. I'm in Irving btw. Just moved from Alabama a little more than a week back... pretty new to the whole area.

hjdog90: great... let me know when you are available.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                You can rent a spring compressor at autozone for like 45 or so. Then after your done and return the compressor you get the money back. Jackstands are pretty cheap. I would invest in a set. Sears usually has a jack/jack stand combo for a decent price or you can pick one up at oreillys, autozone. I am pretty sure some people can help you out since quite a bit of people live out in the dfw area.
                True. Investing in a set of jack stands would be a good idea.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

PM me your number or something mane and I'll give you a hallar after I talk to Justin.

Comment

Air tools are your best friend

Comment

where you located man i can probably stop by and help out.....

Comment

I helped another local do the fronts, it's not too bad at all really. As long as you get the spring compressor like they said from a local shop, I have no problem doing it at your place or mine. Depending on where you are in irving it shouldn't be but 15-30 mins so I might be one of the closer ones. I'll send you a pm..
                        My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

APU you SOLD your CAR???? ah ah I hate you now... lol jk but why??? and is the person going to be on this forum?? (apu is the guy I helped w/the susp.)
                          My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
                            I helped another local do the fronts, it's not too bad at all really. As long as you get the spring compressor like they said from a local shop, I have no problem doing it at your place or mine. Depending on where you are in irving it shouldn't be but 15-30 mins so I might be one of the closer ones. I'll send you a pm..
                            I'll send you a pm letting you know where I am located in Irving.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

if you come to my friends shop we can knock it out in a hour i live in frisco

Comment

Working...
                              X