No announcement yet.

Motor swap 09/05/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

motors in and running, my and stacey will be buttoning up the rest tonite when he gets off work.

on Brownhornet's behalf, Thanks to Nic, James, Brian (mr. bring his own food and eat it in front of everyone), Red Beard Jacob, Kevin, and all others that came by to give a hand.

The BrownHornet is DOHC now bishes!
    MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by champcoupe View Post
      brian (mr. Bring His Own Food And Eat It In Front Of Everyone!)
      Lmao. It's good to hear you guys got it running. How long did it take?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
        Lmao. It's good to hear you guys got it running. How long did it take?
        it took longer than we wanted bc of the running to get parts we didnt have and needing to eat and get some rest. but roughly we have about 12hrs give or take a few. i stopped counting around 3am
        MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

See if Mr bring his own food would have brought enough for everyone you wouldn't have had to stop to go get it.

Comment

if i had bought them what i was eating, they would have fell asleep on the car because i had BBQ ribs. lol. sorry to eat infront of you all and leaving my plate in Stacey's garage. later.
            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Lol. I had no clue they were talking about you. I never knew your name though. So how far did you guys make it with the swap......then you see a pic of them with bbq sauce and grease all over them knocked out in the garage lol.

Comment

You FL/GA/TN guys are awesome. Im envious. I wish everyone around here had this kind of comradery.

Boy, for being so clean, Brian sure sounds like quite the messy guy...

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                Originally posted by Jarrett
                Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Thanks to all that came out, even those that didn't share their food. Yes the engine is in, but we need to finish connecting all the accessories. I just got home from work and I'm wiped. So the completion of the swap will have to wait until tomorrow. I have a few pics of the event and I'll get those up hopefully sometime tomorrow. This was the second swap that I was a part of, and I do feel quite fortunate that through this forum I have met people who would go out of their way to help me out.

Member's Ride Thread

Will work for food, car parts, or three stripe apparel. And not necessarily in that order

Comment

So, You done yet?

I slept from 3pm sunday to 11:30am monday. lol w/ a few wake ups here and there.

Comment

Oh yea, I'm done. Give me a call.

Member's Ride Thread

Will work for food, car parts, or three stripe apparel. And not necessarily in that order

Comment

that doesn't sound to good stacey. is there something wrong? later.
                        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Yep there's a bottom end knock. I'll try changing the rod bearings, if that doesn't work, then it has to come out.

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

We will do whatever it takes.

Comment

Thank you sir! I'm checking all my options to see what the best plan of action is at this point. Once I make a decision I'll give you a call so we can come up with a timetable for the reswap swap.

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Just swapping the bearings out might not fix your problem. You have to measure the clearances to make sure you have no further problems.

Also, your oil pump might be on its way out.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                                X