Kentucky Meeting for May 28th.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kentucky Meeting for May 28th.

Well, lets try this again. Last month was a bust, especialy since mother nature has been on the rag and decided to be very cold and rainy for the April meet. What is normaly a crowd of 1000+ car fanatics turned out to be only 294 due to the shitty weather. But hopefully May will be better!

Every fourth Saturday of the month from April through October in Somerset, KY is the largest FREE car show in the region known as "Somernites Cruise". It is a car show that started out geared twords classic and muscle cars and trucks, but welcome "highly" modified late modles now as well. The guide-lines for getting in (if you own a late modle) is three external mods such as custom paint job, rims, lowered, wing, body kit and so on. Hey, I made it in in April, and my cb7 is a joke compared to some of yall's...

Anyways, down to business. They usualy make this thing a weekend long event. This month, it will start on Friday, May the 27th with the anual burnout contest held at a local steak house from 8:00pm-11:00pm. But the real fun starts on Saturday, May the 28th. The car show starts at 2:00pm and lasts 'till 8:00pm, followed by the cruise part where all the cars in the show cruise out of the downtown area on to the main "strip" a.k.a. Hwy 27.

The special guest that will be at the show this month is "Doc" Sipple, owner of a 6000+ HP Nitro Top Fuel Dragster, that has ran the quarter mile in 4.89 seconds at 297+ MPH!!! The car will be there to get up close and personal with!

Anyone interested in coming to the Somernites Cruise event this (or any other) month post up, and I'll post a "map quest" map of Kentucky showing how to get here. Hope to start seeing some of you all there! This event is pretty cool for people who love cars and trucks. You can see anything from low rider trucks and sweet imports to classic muscle cars and trucks!
    Nova: A star that suddenly increases it's light output tremendously and then fades away to its former obscurity in a few months or years.

Supernova: One of the rarely observed nova outbursts in which the maximum intrinsic luminosity may reach 100 million times that of the sun.

i didnt see anyone i live in lexington... i saw two other cb7s

Comment

Working...
    X