No announcement yet.

weights on dogs!!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weights on dogs is rediculous and bad for them. If you hang the weights around their neck at a young age, it stunts the growth of their front leg, and causes neck and back problems. Letting them drag weights is better, but they will destroy everything around the house once they get strong enough to run with weights, then they will drag you through the streets chasing the neighbors cat. Truthfully the best success I had when I had my pitbulls was this. A regular diet of eukanuba dog food twice a day, and a nice run in the park during the summer months. During the winter months dog food in the mornings, boiled rice and boiled liver for dinner. Bulking them up. Since its too cold the go for a run in the park, I would play fetch with them on the long ass stair case in my house. after a while I didn't have to use a ball they were so conditioned they would just run up and down the stairs on their own. When I would bring them out in the spring time everyone would be amazed at how nice and cut up they were. They were strong and fast, could jump up 6 feet from a stand still. This is a much heathier way to have a strong dog.

Comment

Originally posted by 1clean92 View Post
      dude!! you guys gotta post some pics!! i was thinkin gettin a bulldog "american" and getting it cut up
      Thats what I have, shes 4 months old. I taught how to fetch yesterday.
      cb007
      first cb wit full LED taillight retrofit

Comment

I wanna get weight pulling harnesses for my 2 Huskey/Pit mixes. Its great exercise and those 2 LOVE to run. There's even competitions for pulling.
        http://www.pulldoggies.com/101.htm

psn: KoRn_LuVr

Comment

Just outta curiousity, in what way is this benefitting the dog? I figure its more for the owner cuz a dog doesn't need to be hella yoked but I don't know maybe I'm missing something.

Comment

think about it.of they were human u eat healthy and work out = 1 very healthy person.same goes for the dog.helps give them a long heathy life.

my new turbo build

Comment

being over buff is actually detrimental to your health. You NEED some body fat.

Sled dogs have a log (small one) tied to them but with a harness...I have harnesses for all my dogs. I never use a collar as a leash + collar = choke each time.

With the harness you can actually pick the dog up with one without choking them.

not my dog...my girls aren't that big

If you attached a weight to this the dogs would pull using all four legs and be balanced. They would build muscle where they need it.

btw that first dog actually had a disease making him look that way.

I wouldn't do this as it is pointless. Getting your dog to run by throwing a stick is just good.
              ____

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
                think about it.of they were human u eat healthy and work out = 1 very healthy person.same goes for the dog.helps give them a long heathy life.
                OK but a dog doesn't need to be ripped in order to have a long healthy life. The other 99% of the dogs out there ain't like that and they fine. Exercising a dog doesn't mean throw weights on them. Dogs been around plenty of years without doing this. I'm not against it, do what u want with ur dog. But don't try and make it seem like its for the dog cuz it really isn't at all. Its almost like puttin clothes on dogs. Doesn't do shit for the dog, maybe keep them a little warm but they don't need it. Strickly for the owner.

Comment

Working...
                X