Just put down my dog...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just put down my dog...

Well, after 11 years of her life with me and my family we had to put her down this morning. She had cancer and it finally spread enough to make her breathing difficult and make her rear legs swell to where she wasn't able to stand or walk.

She was a golden retriever, her name was Shelby. She was an amazing dog, never bit anyone, friendliest thing you'd ever meet. She was a little small, but she was always full of energy and was still smiling until the injection happened.

It was probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do along with my mom, I couldn't even stay in the room with them as they did it.... I'll try to find a picture of her and if I can find it I'll add it later, I'm in the middle of packing for a road trip down to myrtle beach with my girlfriend.

Im sorry about your loss,,, I understand how a dog is really mans best friend and it sucks when you have to make a decision like that.... We put down 2 dogs already one been MY dogg (my rott) cause they went blind....

93 Accord H22.. 10th anniv.edition-wrecked R.i.P

99 EM1 Boosted type R- Jacked and never found

Comment

I am sorry to hear that. Even though I am sure you already know this, you must remind yourself that she is in a better place now, and the suffering is gone.

I remember when I had to my dog down. For a couple of years, she was all that I had.

I don't know if I will ever be able to have another dog.

It will get easier with time.

Have fun at the beach.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
        I am sorry to hear that. Even though I am sure you already know this, you must remind yourself that she is in a better place now, and the suffering is gone.

I remember when I had to my dog down. For a couple of years, she was all that I had.

I don't know if I will ever be able to have another dog.

It will get easier with time.

Have fun at the beach.
        Thanks for the kind words guys, I just walked in nthe door from work and it just sucks having no one greet you like usual. I know she's in a better place but it still just sucks as I'm sure many of you know, she was my first dog since I was little so its like damn, shes really gone...

Comment

I'm really sorry to hear that Rob, and honestly, I know exactly how you feel, my parents had to put down our rabbit today after 10 great years of having him. Think of the good times and I hope you feel better about it

Comment

i know it's terribly sad to lose a pet, i myself have lost two pets and each time i cried like i've never cried before. Just let it out.

Have fun at the beach, man the weather is sooo nice out right now it's a shame i gotta go and mow the lawn.

Comment

sorry about that is messed up
              i lost like 3 dogs 1 ran away and 2 got ran over
              i know how you feel

Comment

Damn, sorry to hear about your loss. I had a white lab for 15yrs. best dog in the world. It was hard when I had to put her down. I still miss her and it was 5yrs ago. It's never good losing loved ones.
                3 CB's gone....
                1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

I'm so sorry man. I too have had to do this way too many times before. It's never easy and you never truly get over it. But you always have those memories of your time with them and anytime I get sad I just think about some of the time that we spent together. I've been in the room every time and trust me its good you walked out. Im so sorry.
                  Arcadia Green Crew Member #9

Comment

im sorry to hear that bro i kinda had the same thing happend to me but i woke up one morning and found my dog at the end of my bed jus laying there he died from cancer truely sad to hear that
                    Project EX Coupe Coming Soon...
                    ..::Built not Bought::..

Comment

Sorry to hear this man.But your right she is in a better place, and much much happier.Golden retriever is the best dog in the world I think.Best people dogs.I only wish I knew where mine was after a year missing.Take care man, although its hard to lose your best friend, theres always other ones out there that need good homes.

Comment

sorry about your loss

Comment

Sorry to hear that man, I know its a hard thing to witness, but they are calm and look peaceful when they go, at least thats how my dog was when we had to put her down. Have fun in Myrtle Beach, make sure to play some golf!!

SOLD!!
                          Boosted H22
                          375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Sorry to hear that man
                            2004 Audi A4 Quattro 6 speed
                            2002 Chevy 2500HD LQ4
                            1995 SE 240sx 5 speed Ka-T re under construction
                            1991 240sx current paper weight for sale
                            Have a 240sx Q ask me
                            Sorry I just think body kits are ***.