Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

So what color should I match with this "red" interior to make it pop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what color should I match with this "red" interior to make it pop?

First post, stumbled upon this website... ridiculously useful! ALready fixed three things, don't feel as lame about my 91 LX with the automatic seatbelts.

SO... have the lame, horrible, beat-up silverish-red tinted stock color paint with the red interior. This old lady drove this till about 160,000 (will post pics on next post, promise) and have labored through school with it. The scoop:
    stocker engine, no mods whatsoever, am looking to sweeten up the ride now that I graduated. Can I paint this thing black? Probably not, I know, but maybe you peeps can answer better what goes better with this interior.

Also, is it possible to touch up/paint dash? What about alternate dash ideas?

some members on honda tech have had good experience with SEM Color Coat

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/2114271

Last edited by ikayto; 03-19-2008, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by damonrocks
      First post, stumbled upon this website... ridiculously useful! ALready fixed three things, don't feel as lame about my 91 LX with the automatic seatbelts.

SO... have the lame, horrible, beat-up silverish-red tinted stock color paint with the red interior. This old lady drove this till about 160,000 (will post pics on next post, promise) and have labored through school with it. The scoop:
      stocker engine, no mods whatsoever, am looking to sweeten up the ride now that I graduated. Can I paint this thing black? Probably not, I know, but maybe you peeps can answer better what goes better with this interior.

Also, is it possible to touch up/paint dash? What about alternate dash ideas?
      you can just swap out dashes with the same one, maybe if your pretty good at touch up you can paint it. As far as the color problem Black or white IMHO.. black would be best, maybe do some black on the interior too.

Comment

woah after reading that HT thread i think i'm going to try using that SEM paint on my doors panels. all 4 have this weird white "speckled" crap on it. No amount of scrubbing has gotten rid of it.

Comment

i still have a couple of bottles of SEM vinyl spray paint at home, its what i used to do my doors, its pretty durable on dashboards and doors makes it look oem. but i wouldn't recommend using them on hard plastics like (shifter counsel, pillars) because they scratch off just like that.

Comment

Thanks for the input thus far, I am thinking of getting an arcadia green 93 (no auto seatbelts) and go black leather with the tan interior and already black dash.

So... after staying up till three am reading what everyone else is doing with their cb7's ... okay so not going to change the color of the dash... But what color goes with the burgundy interior on my 91 lx (not sure if that is the name of this red)?

Comment

Originally posted by X_cessive
              you can just swap out dashes with the same one, maybe if your pretty good at touch up you can paint it. As far as the color problem Black or white IMHO.. black would be best, maybe do some black on the interior too.
              x2...hit up the junk yard....get all black...
              MY YOUTUBE Channel Plz Sub for the Support thanks

^^^ Click for the Link ^^^

Comment

a 93 like this? (its a 92ex)
                you'll love my nuts!

Comment

My vote is to paint/mix black INT parts with the red. If my car were red, white or black, id TOTALLY do a Black/Red INT

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                  Originally posted by Jarrett
                  Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

personally, id try to get rid of all he red. Complete black inerior would be sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by piwko4me
                      personally, id try to get rid of all he red. Complete black inerior would be sweet.

I agree, but i wouldnt necessarily say all of it, give a a few accents, a few lines here and there. but all black would look sweet
                      hehe sweet

Comment

i have burgandy interior also with the burgunday dash, i was kinda confused about your post are you talking about painting the exterior of the car a color to go with the interior? if so i think charcoal grey or a nice silver would look good with it

Comment

Working...
                        X