Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Window Tint....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window Tint....

Anyone used these before and how good are they?

Pre Cut Tint

A guy down here i know did it.

Came out great.

But, if you don't have any experience, I'd recommend going to a shop. They charge $150-$200.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex
      A guy down here i know did it.

Came out great.

But, if you don't have any experience, I'd recommend going to a shop. They charge $150-$200.
      To much for my ShitBox...I just need something to block out the sun....So my a/c can be cold...

Comment

Originally posted by RoKnAzn
        To much for my ShitBox...I just need something to block out the sun....So my a/c can be cold...
        Let us know how the tint works out and looks, I would be interested in buying some and trying it

Comment

Originally posted by 93honda_accord
          Let us know how the tint works out and looks, I would be interested in buying some and trying it
          LOL....I should get it sometime next week...I will tell yall how it goes...

Comment

LOL....I should get it sometime next week...I will tell yall how it goes...

K. Thank you Sir!

Comment

Not really worth getting those, just get some from autozone, its like 12 bucks for a shit load of it.

Because cutting isn't even the hard part, sure its one less step but w/e
              wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
                Not really worth getting those, just get some from autozone, its like 12 bucks for a shit load of it.

Because cutting isn't even the hard part, sure its one less step but w/e
                The one at Autozone is terrible stuff....they wont last long...

Comment

The one at Autozone is terrible stuff....they wont last long...

Yea I agree I tried to put it on a sunroof once it sucked!

Comment

Originally posted by 93honda_accord
                    Yea I agree I tried to put it on a sunroof once it sucked!
                    The reason is I tried to shrink the tint for the back window and it wont stick.

Comment

The reason is I tried to shrink the tint for the back window and it wont stick.
                      Oh ok well it was my first time putting tint on so figured I would try something small so with just couple pulls on and off it lost it stickyness, then when I finally got it on there correctly within a week I peeled off (but it was another piece not the one I messed up)

Comment

not hard at all. done it about 3 times in my car and my buddy's car, take your time and it will look good. clean window before and have the right squeegee.

Comment

Originally posted by 93smokingaccord
                          not hard at all. done it about 3 times in my car and my buddy's car, take your time and it will look good. clean window before and have the right squeegee.
                          What squeege do I need?

Comment

I got my 5% done at a shop for $240
                            VIP Status.

Comment

If you want the heat to stay out of your car, go with 20% or lower on the sides, 5% on the back windshield and go with 50% on front windshield. And yes, tinting the front windshield is illegal. But its also 3x as cooler than with 35% or 25x cooler than without tint.

But if your budget isnt there, then go with the pre-cut.
                              Last edited by IS3_FTW; 05-23-2008, 08:01 PM.
                              ""Sometimes, whats in my head, isnt really the same concept in life"
                              current ride...'01 IS300

SOLD...'93 CB7 4DR but not forgotten

Comment

Working...
                              X