Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

BMW look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW look

I need some suggestions on headlights and paint color for my 93 4 door accord. The stock color is rosewood brown. I like the halos in the BMW and just the headlight itself. Can I find a headlight that is close to the same diamentions of our cb7s that will require modification but not as much? Will aftermarket hid kit fit the TSX or S2000 projector bulb slot? Please help me find these out.

Save a Driver. Drive a Honda.

The halos are often called angel eyes. If you want that look, you can go with an angel eye kit on eBay, or make some for yourself. Look up "DIY angel eye mini blinds" on google, you'll find a great DIY for making your own angel eyes.

As for HIDs, the headlights require 9006 for the low beams and 9005 for the high beams. Grab an HID kit for either of those sockets, and you'll be set. If you want to do it correctly, you can retrofit projectors into the housings. There are good DIYs on this site for retrofits, here's an example:

link

Paint color is really a personal deal. I've always liked black/dark blue/gun metal on the cb's, but yeah, that's just my opinion.

Oh and my tC's angel eyes are in my sig.

Comment

BMW look

Thank you for the input. Have you done a mod like this before? Is it easier to make angel eyes and projector blackhouse headlights from a one piece or stock? How about the projectors from ebay. I know I heard bad things about them but if I mod them is it worth the time and money?

Comment

I saw this:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=57176

Comment

Originally posted by hondaman2169 View Post
          Will aftermarket hid kit fit the TSX or S2000 projector bulb slot? Please help me find these out.

Yes!

Comment

the halos look sick

Comment

you mentioned low beam and high beams for hids? is there a difference? could i retrofit the tsx projectors in the low beam and then just put the high beam hid in the high beam slot??sorry if this doesnt make sense as im getting into this now!

Originally posted by chubbykai View Post
              The halos are often called angel eyes. If you want that look, you can go with an angel eye kit on eBay, or make some for yourself. Look up "DIY angel eye mini blinds" on google, you'll find a great DIY for making your own angel eyes.

As for HIDs, the headlights require 9006 for the low beams and 9005 for the high beams. Grab an HID kit for either of those sockets, and you'll be set. If you want to do it correctly, you can retrofit projectors into the housings. There are good DIYs on this site for retrofits, here's an example:

link

Paint color is really a personal deal. I've always liked black/dark blue/gun metal on the cb's, but yeah, that's just my opinion.

Oh and my tC's angel eyes are in my sig.

Lou's Build Thread!
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181377
              "G-Squares Are For Assholes"~PR_CB7

Comment

That is the purpose of retrofitting your low beams with the TSX and if you want to put hid into the high beam I would suggest getting a hid conversion kit. It plugs into your stock harness. I went and bought an 8000k hid conversion last year since I have problems driving at night and hids help me see better.

Comment

Originally posted by hondaman2169 View Post
                  Thank you for the input. Have you done a mod like this before? Is it easier to make angel eyes and projector blackhouse headlights from a one piece or stock? How about the projectors from ebay. I know I heard bad things about them but if I mod them is it worth the time and money?
                  It should be about the same difficulty for one-piece vs stock. Of course, if you mess up with the one-piece, you're out a lot more money than if you mess up a stock head light. Look up the DIYs in the DIY section regarding blackhousing. Good info there. Using the ebay projector housing is usually fine, so long as you use your own name brand ballasts and HID bulbs.

Originally posted by PRLiTo9MM View Post
                  you mentioned low beam and high beams for hids? is there a difference? could i retrofit the tsx projectors in the low beam and then just put the high beam hid in the high beam slot??sorry if this doesnt make sense as im getting into this now!
                  When I mentioned the HIDs, I was referring only to the HID bulbs, without the projectors. You can run HID bulbs in the high beam and low beam housings, just remember that neither housing was designed for an HID bulb. As such, the cut off lines will be terrible and you'll probably just end up blinding people.

Your options would be to run:
                  1. stock low beam / stock high beam
                  2. HID low beam / stock high beam
                  3. HID low beam / HID high beam
                  4. stock low beam / HID high beam
                  5. projector low beam / stock high beam
                  6. projector low beam / hid high beam
                  7. bi-xenon (high/low beam in a single projector)
                  8. projector low beam / projector high beam

#1 is probably what you have now, #2 is easy to do on a budget, but isn't the best solution due to the weak cut off line on stock housings, #3 is kinda weird, cause with that money you could just buy #5, #4 is also weird, it wouldn't be a good investment since you don't use high beams that much, #5 is good, #6 would probably be unnecessary, #7 is good but expensive, and #8 would be expensive and stupid.

Remember that normal projectors have shields in the reflectors that make cut off lines. As a result, projectors, unless labeled as high beam projectors or bi-xenon projectors, will only shine as low beams. #8 would be like having two low beams and no high beams.

Basically, HID bulbs in stock housings is not recommended. But if you're on the cheap, adjust your headlights down. Projectors are the way to go. They're also a little expensive, and imo, they're not really important. If you're doing most of your driving in the city, your headlights are really just on to warn other drivers. The light output from your stock headlights and from light pollution is usually enough to get by with.

Comment

Working...
                  X