Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Fog light restoratio!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they look really good...great job

do you have yellow bulbs in them? thy look like a different colour from your headlights

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
    be risky, be smart, and most of all be creative!

Comment

Originally posted by busak87 View Post
      they look really good...great job

do you have yellow bulbs in them? thy look like a different colour from your headlights
      Yes. They are 3000k hid's. It's cool how they light up, at night they shine white/yellow if you stand 20ft in front of the car, almost same color as regular halogens, but on the road/floor really yellow and at day yellow/green kinda when you look at them.
      I can get night time pics if requested.

Comment

^^ night pics would be sweet

Comment

Good job! PHHHHHHFFFF! No that's a GREAT JOB. They really do look brand new.
          The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Diamond in the ruff... You saw saw the potential, and it worked! I salute you.

Comment

Here are some night time pics I promise, sorry that it took me some long to get them here.
              I hope they not to big, this pic were taken by my friend $2000 bucks camera!!!

enjoy!!!!

Comment

wow! pretty intense! I should convert my Fogs to HIDs....even though they're from a Lexus ES300, they're projectors so they might look even better. But mine already have a yellow lense on them so I think i'll be okay w/ a regular HID kit, instead of going 3K.

member's ride thread
                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                91 Accord SE 176k
                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by keycb7 View Post
                  geting them ready for install, polished lens on the right side. Thanks to Type-G for his tricks

Bouth of them polished
                  what's his trick? mine could use a buffing or something because theres minerals on the outside of the lens.

Comment

I am going to be doing this to my fogs soon...how did you separate the lenses from the housing, did you just use a heat gun??

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                      wow! pretty intense! I should convert my Fogs to HIDs....even though they're from a Lexus ES300, they're projectors so they might look even better. But mine already have a yellow lense on them so I think i'll be okay w/ a regular HID kit, instead of going 3K.
                      Yeah you would need then oem 4300k hids, but then I dont see why not try 3000k can't have too much yellow

Originally posted by Leung View Post
                      what's his trick? mine could use a buffing or something because theres minerals on the outside of the lens.
                      1. wet sanding with 800 grid till you see there are no more oxidation and rock chips, mine had lots of them so I used power sander and it went fast!!!
                      2. wet sanding with 2000 grid to prep for polishing.
                      3. plastic polisher, cuting polishind pad, and power srewdriver with with becking plate for polishing pads.

with all power tolls it took me 5min to do each!!!

I am going to be doing this to my fogs soon...how did you separate the lenses from the housing, did you just use a heat gun??
                      oven 250f for 5 min. but heat gun will work as well.

Comment

Great clean up.

yo tsx, here i come

Comment

How did you take off those black things inside the reflector (circled red in pic), they are rivetted on my fogs, im debating if I should just paint over them or are the supposed to be black??

Comment

No need them, just grind head off them and trash'em.

will let you paint better behind it, if you painting that reflector!!!

Comment

Really?! I dont need them? what are they there for then? is there more light output without them? are the fogs brigther??

Comment

Really?! I dont need them? what are they there for then? is there more light output without them? are the fogs brigther??
                                I think so your not blindign ppl and also it might be that ppl can see your turn signal better, I haven't check how they work with them but they sure will shine brighter

Comment

Working...
                                X