Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

cut springs on my cb7 got questions HELP

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cut springs on my cb7 got questions HELP

wuddup fellas i got a cb7 wit cut springs on the fornt nd i though of getting suspension but i dnt got money 2 be real i got bout 100 dollas 2 spend so i thought off jus getting my back springs cut....PLEAZE GIMEE ANY SUGGESTIONS..that would help ma deciosn nd budget lol...

na bro dun cut ur spings das jus dumb do et rite or dont do it save ur moneyz n git a coilover system.
    wat?

Comment

just remember that cut springs are dangerous and can affect the geometry of your suspension. Everybody here would recommend swapping out springs. I have had cut springs before and the only thing i seen wrong with it was the camber problems i had. i leave it up to you. you can pic up some cheap ebay springs for under 100.

Originally posted by Devergote
      A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

Not the best idea ever......
        And ride like hell on cut springs..

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by tn_accords View Post
          just remember that cut springs are dangerous and can affect the geometry of your suspension. Everybody here would recommend swapping out springs. I have had cut springs before and the only thing i seen wrong with it was the camber problems i had. i leave it up to you. you can pic up some cheap ebay springs for under 100.

i though of gettin cheap ebay coilovers but hows is the ride on that nd how much off a drop can i get wit them also will they werk good with the stock shocks

Comment

Originally posted by 2drCB7 View Post
            wuddup fellas i got a cb7 wit cut springs on the fornt nd i though of getting suspension but i dnt got money 2 be real i got bout 100 dollas 2 spend so i thought off jus getting my back springs cut....PLEAZE GIMEE ANY SUGGESTIONS..that would help ma deciosn nd budget lol...
            Damn if your gonna do that put them in a bucket of water.............leave the piece that your going to cut exposed outside of the water and cut.........

I dont recommend this.........just leave it the way it is........its pretty low compared to other stock cars!

Comment

i though of gettin cheap ebay coilovers but hows is the ride on that nd how much off a drop can i get wit them also will they werk good with the stock shocks
              i hate ebay springs... hit 1 bump and ya cars gonna bounce 4 about 2 blocks... can u say neck pain...not worth it wate and save. do it rite!

Comment

cut springs> ebay springs> ebay coilovers

i dont know if yall cut too much off when you do it but i have two coils off each spring and the ride is still awesome. it also depends on which end you cut. i cut the top.

but this is on an integra so it might be different

Comment

Originally posted by eh22wagon View Post
                  i hate ebay springs... hit 1 bump and ya cars gonna bounce 4 about 2 blocks... can u say neck pain...not worth it wate and save. do it rite!
                  also i had ebay coilovers on my EF nd it didnt fit like wen it cums 2 the rear suspension the shit dnt fit like it woiblles around like if there is sumything misiing nd idk its weird basiclly jus looks nd feel like it dnt belong thea or if there sumthing misimg wut up wit that casn anyt1 help me oput on dat cuz be4 i buy ebay coilovers i wnna about em

Comment

well like everyone said its dangerous and eventually the coils will bend and collapse. be patient save up the dough and hook it up the right way. trust me waiting for parts suck we all want it all right away. not everyone can do it. thats why my paypal is maxed out lol. shiznit

Comment

Originally posted by skilzz View Post
                      cut springs> ebay springs> ebay coilovers

i dont know if yall cut too much off when you do it but i have two coils off each spring and the ride is still awesome. it also depends on which end you cut. i cut the top.

but this is on an integra so it might be different
                      X2 there is a right and wrong way to cut springs.

I thought I'd never say this but I've been in a civic with Cut springs and that shit was garbage. My friend at work just aquired a 93 EX coupe and he couldn't wait to drop it. He cut the springs and surprisingly those rode just nice. He's a mechanic and been in the game for awhile with Hondas, Nissans and Toyotas so I guess there is a skill to it? I sold him my Ground Controls and when he put those on....surprisingly they felt shittier than his cut springs Ground Controls spring rates are harsh anyways compared to OEM but I was amazed. Oh btw he cut off the top as well.

I recommend Eibach Sportline springs. The drop is not TOO aggressive but it gives the accord a nice stance. If you are not going all out and getting a true adjustable coilover suspension, I suggest getting Sportlines because they are comfortable like OEM springs on the road granted u mate them with some descent good struts. KYB GR2s did the job nicely for me.
                      Last edited by Warudakumi; 10-06-2008, 08:56 PM.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
                      JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
                      1994 Prelude V-Tec
                      1999 CL 3.0
                      2000 Prelude
                      2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
                      1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
                      1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
                      1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

also i had ebay coilovers on my EF nd it didnt fit like wen it cums 2 the rear suspension the shit dnt fit like it woiblles around like if there is sumything misiing nd idk its weird basiclly jus looks nd feel like it dnt belong thea or if there sumthing misimg wut up wit that casn anyt1 help me oput on dat cuz be4 i buy ebay coilovers i wnna about em
                        thats what u ment by bounce 4 blocks lmao

Comment

i didnt look at everyones comments but you could heat them up insted of cutting them. i got springs off ebay yrs ago had no problems.
                          Freedom Is Not Free
                          U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

Originally posted by benjerman112 View Post
                            i didnt look at everyones comments but you could heat them up insted of cutting them. i got springs off ebay yrs ago had no problems.
                            what would heating them do...compress them?

Comment

Originally posted by eh22wagon View Post
                              what would heating them do...compress them?
                              makes the spring collapse

Comment

Working...
                              X