Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Spyder body kit.......rice or not???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spyder body kit.......rice or not???

This is completely out of curiosity becuase I may be having second thoughts. I'm wondering peoples opinions on the spyder kit. I just recently got one for 50 bucks and instead of the side skirts it had f1 fenders. i haven't ever put one on a car so I was curious as to if i would want something like this on my won car but it just has a long way to go. I mean it looks like shit right now but with some sanding and primer and then getting everything painted I don't think it would look too bad. IDK. It didn't look too bad on my friend's 93 cb7 but his is dropped 4 inches and has 17's. Who knows. I was just bored and thought I might throw this out there for opinions. Thanks for any help.

its all about what you like.. because at the end we are not driving it you are.. i love lip kits.. but at a point i did like body kits but now i consider it ricey.. but i have seen cb7's with it and they look good.. so its up 2 u

Comment

I wouldn't want one on my CB, but it's your car not mine.
      Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

I myself prefer bodykits over lipkits, but its your car do what you like.
        BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

Comment

fibreglass the inside bondo the front cuz bondo is ezier to sand
          Summer 11' Big plans (Bodywork/paint/rims etc..) in Progress STAY TUNED

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

Originally posted by junito View Post
            its all about what you like.. because at the end we are not driving it you are.. i love lip kits.. but at a point i did like body kits but now i consider it ricey.. but i have seen cb7's with it and they look good.. so its up 2 u
            Yeah i do and don't like body kits. Don't take this the wrong way but I really don't give a shit when it comes to people if they make fun of me because like you said it's my car. I just don't know what to expect from fiberglass except for learning how to fix all of the cracks lmao, at least that's what i hear anyways. I think I may just get this one glassed and primed and looking better than when i got it so it can be sold to someone else. Maybe for now i'll play around with it for the time being though. I like simple understated things and that's what I normally go for but it was really cheap and my car had been hit twice so I would not have been able to get new body parts to fix the front bumper, rear bumper, and both fenders because I got all of that for 50 bucks!

Comment

Thanks for the responses people I do appreciate it. It's just under constuction right now and looks like shit lol. I guess i'm just getting kind of discouraged because it isn't going as quick as I would like but hopefully it turns out right. I thought it was more of a plug and play thing lol. I knew they didn't fit perfectly but I don't know if I want to do all of this work and then have it cracked because some dumbass left something in the rode. Oh well though, hindsight is 20/20 I guess. At least i'll learn something out of it and maybe be able to help someone later on. Peace.

Comment

personally i wouldnt spend my money on a body kit, there are too many crappy ones ive seen they kind of ruined it. generally a cb7 with a drop and a lip looks fine.

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
                And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
                Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

Originally posted by J3wman View Post
                  personally i wouldnt spend my money on a body kit, there are too many crappy ones ive seen they kind of ruined it. generally a cb7 with a drop and a lip looks fine.
                  Yeah I agree with you on that one. I went and got new fenders to trade him for some f1 fenders and got the rest with it. I like the way f1 fenders look but then I got them on my cb7 and ummmm..........I have mixed feelings. I like the way beermans front piece looks though. I want to drop my car about 3 inches or so and am wondering what springs would do that. Don't bitch, I have searched and everything leads to coilovers. They are kind of expensive though and there's alot going on as far as personal/medical problems with me but I would still like to be able to work on my car but I don't want to get some egay stuff and have it break on me in a few weeks. I need some wheels too but when I went to the classifieds here it asked for a password and I don't have one so how does that work??? I want to buy stuff but not new and I would rather support fellow cb7 people than buy from just anyone that way everyone benefits and the Honda community can thrive that much more.

Comment

if you want to lower your car for show and not erformance id check out some lowriding stuff, in summer the lowrider tour show stops in Florida and that woud be benificial to get out to for showcar lowering ideas.

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
                    And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
                    Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

...rice
                      to achieve a Fuck, you must first give a Fuck
                      Follow me on twitter @tru_whitetrash

Comment

Most if not all bodykits today are cheap fiberglass crap.

They look crappy, don't line up, the mounts break off, and they crack ever so easily.
                        wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
                          Most if not all bodykits today are cheap fiberglass crap.

They look crappy, don't line up, the mounts break off, and they crack ever so easily.

X2...had crack on my camry

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

not all body kits are rice by any means. but the spider kit is! if you want a kit and are worried about a ricey look, go off the beaten path and find something more unique. anyone with $300 already has a spider rip off kit on thier car. it's not that the spider kit can't look good, it'll just take more work than a buddy club or veilside would. but do what you like, i do all sortsa stupid shit on my ride!

Comment

Originally posted by MF BAKER View Post
                              not all body kits are rice by any means. but the spider kit is! if you want a kit and are worried about a ricey look, go off the beaten path and find something more unique. anyone with $300 already has a spider rip off kit on thier car. it's not that the spider kit can't look good, it'll just take more work than a buddy club or veilside would. but do what you like, i do all sortsa stupid shit on my ride!
                              Yeah I got the kit thinking hey i can replace my f*cked up fenders and get some different bumpers for next to nothing. But now that it is on my car it's a little bit different. I really like the way that SOME of the lips on here look and am normally pretty picky about my cars. On my celica all I had was 18" Enkei RS7's, short ram intake, and ractive muffler with header back custom exhaust. I thought it would be a good idea to get this kit at the time but now I don't know. Like I said before I really think i'm gonna go ahead since I have already gotten it and get it in decent shape to be able to sell it to someone else and just deal with it for now. I have seen a few things on here in the last few days since I have gotten it and am really paying attention now that I like alot better. I don't want to be looking like that 15 year old with the 6 foot spoiler going down the road with the fart can. I was raised working on engines but still don't know everything about them either. But I knew nothing about body kits and I think I am having a different opinion now. We'll see what happen but don't give up hope on me just yet lol. Thanks for all of the help everyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X