Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Why r my tail lights leaking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why r my tail lights leaking?

when i open my trunk water pours out of my tail lights
    Say what you like just spell my name right
    1992ACCORD EX R.I.P.
    1991ACCORD SE

take em off an reseal them, are they stock or aftermarket?? some aftermarket use shitty glue which needs resealing, bottom line reseal them.
    Summer 11' Big plans (Bodywork/paint/rims etc..) in Progress STAY TUNED

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

try to figure out where exactly they are leaking from. it might just need a new gasket and not need to be resealed completely

Comment

leaking from the white box on the back of the light
        1992ACCORD EX R.I.P.
        1991ACCORD SE

Comment

yea sounds like it needs a new gasket. you can use a sealant too if you want.

Comment

where would i put the sealant
            1992ACCORD EX R.I.P.
            1991ACCORD SE

Comment

same place the gasket went. in between the tailight and the body of the car

Comment

i think its coming in fom the key hole because it oly leaks on that side
                1992ACCORD EX R.I.P.
                1991ACCORD SE

Comment

i had the same problem. I bought aftermarket lights and they got dirt and water and all kinds of stuff in them.
                  Put them in the oven at 185 degrees for 10 minutes, then carefully pry the lens off, and clean and dry out the inside of the lights. You can put whatever part of your light that has the glue on it back in the oven for a little while to soften the glue so you can put them back together, or you can do what I did and use new glue. I used lock tite stik n' seal watertight adhesive and i havent had any leaking since.
                  R.I.P. 1993 10th Anniversary.

Comment

Try to get the water out and let them dry before sealing. Good luck.
                    1993 Accord EX
                    2011 Subaru STi

Comment

i got the same prob. i just tell people i got a waterfalls in my trunk.lol

Comment

sounds like your blinker fluid is leaking..lol j/k but yea just take the tail light out and reseal between body and light, did to mine and works great.

Comment

Originally posted by 91lxaccordkidd View Post
                          sounds like your blinker fluid is leaking..lol j/k but yea just take the tail light out and reseal between body and light, did to mine and works great.
                          nahh you mean your taillight juice is full haha
                          My cb7

h22a
                          5-spd lsd
                          Lord, grant me the serenity
                          to accept the things I cannot change,
                          the courage to change the things I can,
                          and the wisdom to hide the bodies
                          of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off.

Comment

Originally posted by 91lxaccordkidd View Post
                            lol , i took a glance at your answer , and i was like the WTF , i better go check my fluid also :P

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
                            -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Working...
                            X