Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How would it look with painted moldings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would it look with painted moldings?

Soo its tax time and im getting ready to repair all the dings and straightn my car up. Of course that means fixing the 1/4 panels. After i get all that done i am going to paint the car a WRX blue or maybe a red. But my question is how do you guys think the car would look if i either striped it of the 4 door moldings and flattened it out or just painted over them? Also would it look goofie if you paint over the rocker gards/stock side skirts?
    JosH

Monochromatic is cool, but I think it really needs to be done right, so it dosen't look like you just didn't mask anything and sprayed the whole car. I think the age/design of the body style warrants some contrast. Special care has to be given to the rubber moldings so the paint sticks to them properly. Painted moldings are cool until some careless person whacks them in a parking lot and they start to chip. I think painted rocker and the lips make the car look closer to the ground.
    Good luck.
    1991 Accord Ex Black/Tan... bone stock 45,000 miles

Comment

Lol. I dont gotta worry about other people hitting me i gotta worry about hitting people haha. Thats some good stuff tho if it makes it look lower, i cant really afford to drop it, my roads are horrable. Thanks for the advice, ill be getting with a painter/mentor after i get my tax check.

Comment

Keep the lips and skirts black.

Comment

I think it really depends on the color. It would be a pretty quick and easy PS job to see how it would look.

I personally like white cb7s with painted moldings. Here's mine (hadn't painted the back bumper moldings yet).

Comment

Is this a trick question?
            It'd look the same, just color-matched instead of black.

As for shaving the moldings, I think only a certain few on this forum can pull them off. I'm not a big fan, but it CAN look good. It's your car, do what you want.

1999 BMW M3
            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I like the look of the painted moldings, alot cleaner I think.
              Members Ride Thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=126992

Comment

i think the sides painted the same would look nice.. just look @ a 10th ann cb7

Check Out My Work In Progess . . . . .

Comment

I vote for color matched moldings. White CB's do look best with color matched. If you go for a dark red keep them black, if you go blue then color match them.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                  "The Turtle"
                  DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

I like the painted moldings on the 10th Anniversary.
                    But theres something about them that makes me not want to go forth with the look.
                    To me, it kinda makes the CB look like a Camry

Comment

^^^ lol never thought of it like that

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

i think you should leave them chrome cuz they amke the cb's paint pop better

Comment

I like the painted moldings, and also the side skirts

I don't have any CB7 pics, but about the side skirts:

.: CaioCK :.
                          '93 Honda Accord LX (CB7)
                          '02 Mini Cooper S (R53)
                          '01 Honda S2000 (AP1 = R.I.P.)

Comment

From my opinion, its looks much better painted. But just a heads up, overtime, the paint will start chipping if not prepped right...So prep the moldings well
                            "PREPARE for the WORSE, Hope for the BEST" B.T.N.H.

Comment

different strokes for different folk! I think both have their own appeals. Unpainted looks more rugged while painted looks more uniform and sleek. I like painted moldings on custom colored cars.

Comment

Working...
                              X