Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

positive camber...???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

positive camber...???

is there a way i can get positive camber without buying any camber kit.....

i heard u can get a bigger bolt and get positive
    cause mine is eating my tires
    the fron ones

and they are showing wires already
    aghhh

any clue?
    IT MAY BE AUTO BUT IT SURE RUNS FAST FOR A F22A6

You don't want positve camber.

Make sure your toe isn't totally out of whack before you get anything.
    wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
      You don't want positve camber.

Make sure your toe isn't totally out of whack before you get anything.
      umm where would that be???

cause my bro was telling me instead of wasting money on camber kit
      go to the dealer and get a bol something
      i am like idk i am lost

but where would that be or what should i look for?
      IT MAY BE AUTO BUT IT SURE RUNS FAST FOR A F22A6

Comment

You can easily gain positive camber in the rear with longer bolts and washers but not the front.

You either get a kit of some kind (I run an Eibach adjustable BJs which gives me up to 3 degrees of negative camber correction) or start slicin the top of the strut tower. (Dont do that.)

What I would like to do in the future is cut the whole top off the strut towers and place a camber plate in so adjustment will be limitless.

I could be wrong but I dont think there is any other way to gain camber without spendin the dough.

GOT F?

Comment

go get yourself an alignment done, and make sure you get the sheet print out, and then come back here and tell us what your numbers are and we'll tell you if you need a camber kit or not.

Comment

^^^ Yeap to both posts above me.

The longer bolts replace the pre-existing bolts that attach the rear upper control arm to the chassis. The longer shank on the bolt lets you add washers (shims) to effectively make the upper control arm longer. This tilts the top of the tire outwards, reducing your negative camber.

You don't need, nor want, positive camber.

You can't use this trick for your front tires. You'll have to either settle with your camber wear, or get a ball joint or anchor type camber kit.

Also, don't risk driving on cords for too long. They'll blow out quite easily.

I'm assuming that the cords are showing on your front tires, if not your rear tires as well. Either grab a camber kit, get an alignment, and replace those tires, or get an alignment and check your toe, and replace the tires.

I did the former a couple months ago. It ran about 400 bucks total.

Comment

You need a camber kit to adjust the front.

Toe is important as well. Many people say you don't need to correct camber, just toe... From personal experience, I say that's bullshit. Riding on the inside of your tires will still wear that part faster. It just won't be as bad with correct toe. If you pay for new tires, which I'm sure you need, then pay for an alignment... and your camber is still causing wear, you then have to buy a camber kit and pay for ANOTHER alignment.
              Just get a quality camber kit (none of the cheap crap from ebay... I've had those break on me, and known plenty of others to have the same thing happen).

This really is more of a technical question than an appearance question...

Comment

Working...
              X