Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Which Springs Should I go with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Springs Should I go with?

Whats up everyone! I have been riding on my suspension for the past 3 years now and want to ditch the coilovers for springs.. Right now I am on KYB Gr-2 struts all around with ebay cheap azz coilovers. My question is, I want to go with springs but not sure which brand and what kind of drop I should go with to best match the gr-2's...What I mean by this is that I dont actually know how low I am dropped compared to stock height. Can you guys please take a look at a few of these pictures and let me know how low my car is dropped? My front bumper is currently about 3.5" from the ground. Any recommendations would really help.

Ps

I was looking at a few spring setups but don't know how they perform...

Tein H-techs or S-techs
    H&R Race Springs
    Sprint Performance.

"PREPARE for the WORSE, Hope for the BEST" B.T.N.H.

All those you mention are great.......
    But it won't be as low though. You could get Sprint xtreme but I believe they are discontinue for 90-93 accord(someone correct me if I'm wrong)

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Something else that may help us figure out how low you are now would be

what size are the wheels and tires you have?

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_ACCORD View Post
        All those you mention are great.......
        But it won't be as low though. You could get Sprint xtreme but I believe they are discontinue for 90-93 accord(someone correct me if I'm wrong)
        Ive seen sprints for cb7 at andysautosport.com they are a pretty good price and they offer about a 2 1/4 inch drop i believe. As for your car it looks like your at about a 2 inch drop but i cant really tell without actually seeing it physically.

Comment

Originally posted by DKRM View Post
          Ive seen sprints for cb7 at andysautosport.com they are a pretty good price and they offer about a 2 1/4 inch drop i believe. As for your car it looks like your at about a 2 inch drop but i cant really tell without actually seeing it physically.
          I've heard sprint springs are pretty good myself, BUT...I wouldn't buy anything from andysautosport. Bad customer service, and just not a good place to buy things period.

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by civic_90_08 View Post
            Something else that may help us figure out how low you are now would be

what size are the wheels and tires you have?

-Jordan
            Hey Jordan, the wheels are 18's and the tires are 215/35/18's. As of right now, the car front bumper is about 3.5" from the ground and the rear bumper is about 6" from the ground.

Comment

Thanks for everyone's input and info

Comment

I usually dont like body kits but it looks bad ass.

Comment

Originally posted by civic_90_08 View Post
                  I've heard sprint springs are pretty good myself, BUT...I wouldn't buy anything from andysautosport. Bad customer service, and just not a good place to buy things period.

-Jordan
                  Thanks for the heads up. anyways they have em at weaksauceparts.com as well I believe

Comment

Just yesterday i installed kyb gr2 with eibach sportlines. i think its the perfect drop, not to low not to high. the ride is very smooth too!!

Comment

nevermind they dont lol

Comment

Originally posted by cb7devin View Post
                        Just yesterday i installed kyb gr2 with eibach sportlines. i think its the perfect drop, not to low not to high. the ride is very smooth too!!
                        How low did it dropped your car? Any pics?

Comment

skunk2 springs - kyb agx shocks - currently 195/60/15 (goin to be 205/50/15)

Comment

Originally posted by ali954 View Post
                            skunk2 springs - kyb agx shocks - currently 195/60/15 (goin to be 205/50/15)

So how do they ride? OFF TOPIC...You ever thinking of upgrading to bigger wheels since you're running a kit? Btw, I love the spyder 2 front, thats what i used to have..Any pics of the front end?

Comment

H&R Race , you won't be disappointed.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                              1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                              2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                              2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                              2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                              2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Working...
                              X