Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

drop height?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drop height?

ok well i just bought a 1991 2dr accord.. i really dont like the look of stock..

My friends car is lowered way to far but i really like the look of it..

I need to lower it enough so it looks good but doesnt rub over every little bump..

what have you guys done?
    pictures and drop heights?

thanks
    91kid

Click it.... You know you wanna
    Bought from:Joshy,H22WAGON93, nho93accord,90accordLXGUY,phantomCB7,Tommi

Originally posted by 91kid View Post
    what have you guys done?
    pictures and drop heights?
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=42

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Yeah ive been looking through there... thanks.. also is there a way to get the performance of a lowered "race" suspension on a stock height?

what are your guys's thoughts on body kits?

Comment

Well IMO body kits to me are ugly there have been some cars that have been done up good but....others will prolly tell you the same and others will tell you differently
        Click Here To Check Out My Ride
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137030

Comment

Yeah id like to lower it but i dont like the feel of my buddies car that rubs =)
          Last edited by 91kid; 10-16-2009, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Yeah id like to lower it but i dont like the feel of my buddies car that rubs on every little bump. =)
            how low is your friend? like 1/2 inch off the ground? im a good 3 inchs from the ground and im okay... i dont have to zigzag everywhere just cus of lil bumps
            clicky the siggy!!!

ARCADIA GREEN MEMBER #20

AIM=SleepygreenCB7
            Yahoo=annamaineeak@yahoo.com

Comment

im riding H&R sport springs on stock absorbers..so far no issues yet and it been doing great....ive got 2" on the front and 1.5" on the back....i avoid curbage at all cost's.......your not going to be doin 50mph down a bumpy road are you?

heres a pic on stock 15's with 195/60 rubber
              Last edited by carps_accord; 10-16-2009, 08:56 AM.
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=167601 Click to see my new ride

Comment

Originally posted by carps_accord View Post
                ...your not going to be doin 50mph down a bumpy road are you?

no but his car is rubbing on speedbumps.. i was thinking about 2 inches or so.. how do you like the rida quality and handling at that height with your setup

Comment

nathan i also have my mudflaps on plus i have a legend lip on my car so that adds to the rubbing
                  Click Here To Check Out My Ride
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137030

Comment

yeah thats a good point... but the actual car rubbed yeturday... is it better without people in the back?

i like your look but i couldnt have my car that low...

Comment

they are 1" drop u can get i have 2.5 right now i did have a 1.5 and i didnt like

Comment

Yeah id like to lower it but i dont like the feel of my buddies car that rubs =)
                        You need to ride in my car. Bryce's car is riding on the struts fully compressed pretty much, lol.

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

im sitting on an 2.5 an dont rub .
                          17 in rims, 215/45/17 tires .i guess it depends on your set up
                          kyb struts & shocks. and eibach springs

I like the "suck me slowly" part. Thats my favorite.

Comment

since the question has been somewhat answered:

Yeah ive been looking through there... thanks.. also is there a way to get the performance of a lowered "race" suspension on a stock height? what are your guys's thoughts on body kits?
                            are you afraid of the search button? or your own opinion? There are SEVERAL setups in the members ride link posted above and they list their body mods and suspension mods with pride.

there is also a STICKY that shows various suspension drops and setups and give drop in nches...no I will not post a link you go find it.
                            ____

Comment

i think you will be good at a 2" drop or if you are really worried about it buy some adjustable coilovers so you can choose what you like best.

Comment

Working...
                              X