Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

90-91 jdm fogs w/h.i.d v.s aftermarket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90-91 jdm fogs w/h.i.d v.s aftermarket

This will be my first post. I just wanted to know what everybody thinks. I noticed jdm fogs look dope, but dont have the best light output. So I would like to know which would be better for lighting up the road. JDM foglights with h.i.d's or a standard halogen aftermarket kit like piaa or hella?

HID's will be brighter, but how bright do you want your fogs?
    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by 904dr View Post
      This will be my first post. I just wanted to know what everybody thinks. I noticed jdm fogs look dope, but dont have the best light output. So I would like to know which would be better for lighting up the road. JDM foglights with h.i.d's or a standard halogen aftermarket kit like piaa or hella?
      anything aftermarket is gonna look like garbage.

just use HIDs on the OE fogs...

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

5000k...

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

I would like the fog's to be as bright as possible. But im more concerned about coverage. Im sure jdm/oe foglights with h.i.d's will be brighter, and will look so jdm, but from what i've seen in pictures on this site JDM foglights don't cover very wide. Am I wrong?By the way these are the aftermarket ones I was thinking of.http://mediacdn.shopatron.com/media/...jpg?1205400843

Comment

foglights are foglights. not headlamps. use the lights for their intended purpose.

if you overcompensate brightness for coverage on a light that was built to ASSIST low-beam vision in poor conditions then you will end up doing two things. both negative.

1. you will light the fog up in front of you and basically be driving into a solid white wall. same reason they tell you not to drive with highbeams in fog(this is also due to light angle, but same idea).

2. you will piss off other drivers. road rage can be deadly.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

These are some of the widest evenly spread fog lights out there.
              http://www.expeditionexchange.com/hella/DSC08581.jpg
              This thread also has output pics of a bunch of fog lights with HID kits and includes some pics of the fog lights posted above. The hella and the blazers both have mounting brackets like the aftermarket fog you posted.
              http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=52148

My 6th gen accord thread
              99 Miata

Comment

Your 2nd response contradicts your first, H22art.

Comment

BURN

Rip It Up
                  Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

no it doesnt.
                    you can have HIDs in the fogs without it being offensive or overly dangerous.

no reason to go insane on the brightness.

Comment

usdm fogs with 8,000K H.I.D's
                      Freedom Is Not Free
                      U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

Originally posted by benjerman112 View Post
                        usdm fogs with 8,000K H.I.D's
                        dude, people who have 8000k hid fogs piss me off because i can't see! maybe get 5000k and it wouldnt blind anyone AS much.

Rip It Up
                        Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

thanks benjerman112 that's very helpful. Im leaning towards o/e fogs now.

Comment

What? They blind? Would color make a diff?

Comment

Originally posted by H22artman View Post
                              foglights are foglights. not headlamps. use the lights for their intended purpose.
                              thats all you need to take from this whole thing. i cant tell you how many times i got pulled over by cops when i had my JDM Vigor lights cause they thought i was driving with highbeams on. i dont remember what bulbs they were but i can tell you they WERENT intended for road use and they WERENT HIDs

im doing a retro on my Prelude fogs and im not even considering HIDs. you just need a good bright bulb to hit the ground between your car and about 1/4 of your low beam. if you can find them OSRAM Night Breakers are insanely bright for what you pay, but not enough to get you pulled or highbeamed
                              -Gordon | 93 SE coupe

Originally posted by full.circle
                              Honda-Tech: the retarded little brother all other Honda forums are ashamed of

Comment

Working...
                              X