Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

climate control/radio swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

climate control/radio swap?

i looked around and couldn't really find anything on this but i was curious if anyone swapped the radio placement with the climate control ones. i was thinking of doing this since my radio is kind of too low for my liking, i rather it be up where the climate controls are... they both seem to be 2 din slots so i would think it would be possible.
    any feedback is much appreciated
    Originally posted by Quashish
    Holy crap thats a clean F series. jellish mang.
    Quashish dictionary
    Jellish: (adjective) Jel-%i'sh+#
    To envy something to point of almost blowing a load involuntarily.

Oddly enough I've been throwing that idea around in my head for the last month or so but haven't had time to take the dash apart to assess the fitment questions. What I was considering was using 2024 T-3 Alclad Aluminum to make a new (face cover, grid assembly, whatever you want to call it) and use that if necessary to remedy any structural attachment to the dash. I'm in the middle of finals week but I'll be on Christmas break starting Friday so I'll post some idea's and maybe some photoshoped images outlining what I'm thinking fitment wise this weekend.

The reason I started thinking about this was when it occurred to me that I shouldn't be glancing down so much while driving, mainly when I'm scrolling though the artist list on my ipod through my pioneer deck.

Something that you might want to throw around in your head is if you have a mp3 player that you use. Is a dock for it "a slide into the dash" like putting a cassette into a stock stereo. I was thinking about integrating that into the A/C Control swap for my ipod because I don't really like the aftermarket cradles and the loose wires. (Even some of us geeks get tired of looking at wires)
    H22A, Short Ram, AEM Uego, Chipped P28 with Crome, A/C Delete, Rear disc conversion. (Front Tein Basic Coilovers, H&R springs 1.7/1.5, and Fog lights waiting to be installed.)

Comment

Originally posted by Paging View Post
      Oddly enough I've been throwing that idea around in my head for the last month or so but haven't had time to take the dash apart to assess the fitment questions. What I was considering was using 2024 T-3 Alclad Aluminum to make a new (face cover, grid assembly, whatever you want to call it) and use that if necessary to remedy any structural attachment to the dash. I'm in the middle of finals week but I'll be on Christmas break starting Friday so I'll post some idea's and maybe some photoshoped images outlining what I'm thinking fitment wise this weekend.

The reason I started thinking about this was when it occurred to me that I shouldn't be glancing down so much while driving, mainly when I'm scrolling though the artist list on my ipod through my pioneer deck.

Something that you might want to throw around in your head is if you have a mp3 player that you use. Is a dock for it "a slide into the dash" like putting a cassette into a stock stereo. I was thinking about integrating that into the A/C Control swap for my ipod because I don't really like the aftermarket cradles and the loose wires. (Even some of us geeks get tired of looking at wires)
      please do ive pondered this myself, mainly because my flip out moniter covers my a/c controls when opened. ive also though about moving my a/c controls to my glove box and making a switch panel in its place if it wont fit in the radio slot

Comment

The only problem I see is that the ducting for the air is right behind the controls. Also, the controls are a bit wider.

Comment

Hey thanks for the heads up Michael. I'm going to take some measurements on Saturday and see if its feasible/workable to do the swap with the stereo depth needs.
          H22A, Short Ram, AEM Uego, Chipped P28 with Crome, A/C Delete, Rear disc conversion. (Front Tein Basic Coilovers, H&R springs 1.7/1.5, and Fog lights waiting to be installed.)

Comment

Yea i have a suction cup wndshield mount holder for my iphone and i stream music off it to my radio and i had the same problem of always looking down. I also havent taken apart my dash past the radio so im kinda heasitant to do so. Let me know how it goes, ill try playing around to see if its possible too. If this works it would be awesome
            Originally posted by Quashish
            Holy crap thats a clean F series. jellish mang.
            Quashish dictionary
            Jellish: (adjective) Jel-%i'sh+#
            To envy something to point of almost blowing a load involuntarily.

Comment

Working...
            X