Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

The Light up needle experiment. Not for beginer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=nope;2435283]
    Originally posted by blackex View Post
    Blue is not a bad look.

that's rad and all, but having 2 led's pointed at you while driving doesn't sound like fun...haha keep up the good work
    Those will be cover up by 2 holding screw so it will not show after installed

Comment

looks good.

Comment

nice...I like the idea here and the potential.
        ____

Comment

very cool, i had the same idea a while back (have a whole bag of clear needles from the jy) but havent bothered to dig into a cluster yet.

what i always expected was for the needles to be dead or out of calibration once the stock needles are pulled off (which normally keep the center post from spinning past zero by resting on that stop peg)

id be really curious to see how this works once you plug it back in. otherwise the boards and work and current prototype look good.. im curious how you held onto the gauge pin while pulling the needle off...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

probably pulled the old ones off with screw drivers. Prying on each side gently. Is that what you are asking about mike?

Comment

Wow, this is awesome. Can't wait for a DIY

Underground.Society
              Originally posted by Deevergote
              If it doesn't really matter... shut the fuck up and let it be.

Comment

that is freaking awesome! it amazes me the kind of stuff i have discovered on here so far

Comment

awesome job you did...

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

THANK YOU, this has been one thing that has bothered me about the cb, dumbass overhead lights, lighted needles are much cooler :P
                    wat?

Comment

My only concern is how bright this will be and how well it may react to the dimmer switch...can you dim LED? I know with regular bulbs limiting the power lowers the light out put...with LED's I though you had to alter the duty cycle.

I didn't realize the overhead lights until one flickered out on me..."my needles used to be lit...why aren't they...oh...dammit"

I prefer lit needles for sure.

Could a very light coat of white could be applied if the needles were too "in your face"?

I'll review my electronics books before I start asking other questions
                      ____

Comment

thats sucking sick!!!!

Comment

So does the prelude BB6 cluster have overhead lighting or ??

Click it.... You know you wanna
                          Bought from:Joshy,H22WAGON93, nho93accord,90accordLXGUY,phantomCB7,Tommi

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                            According the OP, yes.

I think wiring it to the cluster lights will be quite the feat, let alone wiring it to VTEC and shifting points.
                            Wiring it to show when vtec is engaged, would be as simple as wiring it to the signal wire on the vtec solenoid. Its basically like when you wire in a light on your dash(people do it around here) that shows when vtec is engaged. but...either you would have to put 2 bulbs in there, or find an LED that changes colors to different signals.

Kinda reminds me of fiber optics.

Pretty sweet idea tho. you get it down pat, and i may end up doing this.

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                              My only concern is how bright this will be and how well it may react to the dimmer switch...can you dim LED? I know with regular bulbs limiting the power lowers the light out put...with LED's I though you had to alter the duty cycle.

If it power from cluster, then It will dim down with the rest of the cluster.
                              I'm gonna wired it from ignition so it stay on when ignition is on and wired seperat dimer to it. you can use another cluster dimmer from junk yard to control needle brighness. I tested and it work.

Comment

this is sick! i would love the needles glow, and when you watch the rpm's go up its sometimes fun to watch. lol. but some major rep. points in my book. can't wait til a Full DIY comes out cause i want to do this, hated the overhead lights from the beginning. btw when will a full DIY be finished? looked but seems not a specific day, but an estimate would be nice.

Turbo Setup: 100%

Comment

Working...
                                X