Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Is this repairable/worth it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this repairable/worth it

Hi everyone,

guy took a right turn on a red light without seeing me. Now he's lying that I run a red light - but that's another story. I just don't get people lying like that.

Anyhow - what is your verdict on this one? I worked a lot on this car, with the small amount of money I have. Car was in a really decent state...

The engine is running fine, alignment seem fine, no fluid leaks. Car drives fine.

Several audible "Tocks" when turning the steering wheel left several turns.

Heater blower motor sounded like it was rubbing against something, now has stopped working completely.

The front beam on which the front engine mount sits is also a little bent (front engine mount is at a bit of an angle).

As you can see from the picts, let side has moved in (see the fuse box). That's probably also why the heater blower stopped working.

Is this repairable? I mean is it reasonable to repair? I'm a poor grad student, so I'm thinking maybe a shop could straighten up the frame and I could put on fenders and a bumper from the JY.

Last edited by ATLaccord; 03-20-2010, 03:42 PM.

i'm going to say you have a fair bit of frame damage, the radiator support is bent too and that would need replacing. a shop will charge you a good amount to fix it. you could get fenders and a hood cheap, but at the end you'll be paying about the same or more for another cb.
    its really up to you, did insurance total it or can they fix it? i'm going to assume yes.
    Last edited by The-Gr8-Ox; 03-19-2010, 07:12 PM.

1992 Accord EX MT : CB#2
    DIY OEM amber corners w/reflectors

Comment

I'm having an appointment with the Progressive appraisal center Monday, so I don't know yet.

So what about if I get the radiator support from a JY? Does this need to be welded?

Comment

yeah, the rad support needs to be welded in.

it sucks, but i'm pretty sure your insurance will tell you that it's totaled. later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Does'nt look too bad...but could be more $$$ to fix than you can afford right now...just have to wait and see what the insurance guy says I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by ATLaccord View Post
            I'm having an appointment with the Progressive appraisal center Monday, so I don't know yet.
            Well, prepare for ur shit to be totaled on Monday. Car is too old for the insurance to even deal with it. I'll be really surprised if they don't total it.

Comment

definite frame damage. she's bent pretty good. I'm gonna say its a total loss. Very unfortunate.

Comment

try getting a new radiator support..its a bitch to put in..but it ah make everything even at the end.

Comment

better yet do what i did to my first wrecked cb7 rope the side of the support..tie it to a tree and straighten that shit out..easy cheap fixhttp://www.cb7tuner.com/bigsmile.gif

Comment

Tying to a tree sounds interesting...could that work to straighten the whole frame? Where do you put the rope?

Comment

Tying to a tree sounds interesting...could that work to straighten the whole frame? Where do you put the rope?
                      bad idea man, you don't have the calibrated equipment to make sure you don't actually do more damage! trust me, its not worth it, alignment shops won't work on it if the frame is bent.

in all seriousness, you best bet is wait for the insurance company, if they give you anything, start looking for another accord.

Comment

I understand that's not ideal. But like I said, the alignment seems alright, strangely enough. Car is absolutely driving straight, nothing weird about it. How can that be?

Comment

i wrecked also. Front support pushed in my rad was cracked and my headlights and hood and fenders got hit also.

i fixed it for 450

thats how the front is now people dont even know it was in a wreck

Comment

That gives me hope. It looks great.

What was involved in the repair? Did you have the frame straightened up in a shop?

Comment

I understand that's not ideal. But like I said, the alignment seems alright, strangely enough. Car is absolutely driving straight, nothing weird about it. How can that be?
                              sorry, I'm not trying to crush your hopes, I'm just a very logistical person, BUT doesn't mean its impossible to fix, there's always a way if you really want it! so in that i hope you can get it fixed!

Comment

Working...
                              X