Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

HID questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
    Projectors.
    Hmm… Nvm then. I'm not planning on buying projectors. I'll stay with the glare I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Adriann yo
      Damn, those look nice but they appear blue. I though 6000K was like a crystal white.
      Yes little blue and crystal white at the same time.
      Want it all crystal white? go with 5000K.

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

I have 6,000k H4's in my JDM one piecer's.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
        1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
        1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
        2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Originally posted by vietkid_2006 View Post
          I have 6,000k H4's in my JDM one piecer's.

Nice. Very nice.
          I'm glad I now know that 6000Ks are blueish. I'll be going with 5000Ks then.

Comment

The problem with glare is it doenst effect you so much as it effects on coming traffic....have you ever driven towards someone with high beams on?....its comparable to that....not as blinding....but its obvious that somethings not right....you get a cop on a bad day and he can be a dick about it.

I dont understand why people dont do an actual retrofit....There really are no cons to doing it...ohhh no i have correctly aligned and non-blinding headlights...HORRIBLE NEWS...not to mention the increase in actual usable light output it gives you...It costs a bit more but in the end its WELL worth the extra money.

And never go above 6000K for HIDS....After that you only get lights that look brighter but actually provide less usable (key word here) light output.....5000K is the highest you should ever go....not directed at the OP just saying for future searches
            Last edited by King James; 03-25-2010, 06:05 PM.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Thanks King James.
              Yea, 5000K is the way to go.

So now, a new question:
              Anyone got pictures with 5000Ks?

Comment

when you look at the 6,000k's head on they look blueish but when you're behind the wheel it's a white with a slight blue tint.

My headlights are aimed all the way to the right and down. so i've never been flashed but once.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Originally posted by King James View Post
                  The problem with glare is it doenst effect you so much as it effects on coming traffic....have you ever driven towards someone with high beams on?....its comparable to that....not as blinding....but its obvious that somethings not right....you get a cop on a bad day and he can be a dick about it.

I dont understand why people dont do an actual retrofit....There really are no cons to doing it...ohhh no i have correctly aligned and non-blinding headlights...HORRIBLE NEWS...not to mention the increase in actual usable light output it gives you...It costs a bit more but in the end its WELL worth the extra money.

And never go above 6000K for HIDS....After that you only get lights that look brighter but actually provide less usable (key word here) light output.....5000K is the highest you should ever go....not directed at the OP just saying for future searches
                  exactly

no
                  Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                  $30 HID kits here Thread
                  "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                  "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

i have pics in my MR of my 8ks with my ebay projectors. if you want i can post some pics but i love my lights. these projectors arent retrod either check out my cutoff right outta the box.
                    Members Ride sold...
                    I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Originally posted by loud92CB7 View Post
                      i have pics in my MR of my 8ks with my ebay projectors. if you want i can post some pics but i love my lights. these projectors arent retrod either check out my cutoff right outta the box.
                      Yeah plz post pics!

"Live While You Live & Just Be Happy"

Comment

loud92...you should blackhouse them. that chrome is too much. the blackhouse look would look so much better with your car too imho

no
                        Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                        $30 HID kits here Thread
                        "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                        "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Law Grandeur,

I found your post about the HID kits and I ordered some 9006 5000Ks for $25.
                          Hopefully they don't take over a week to arrive.

They came out to $30 shipped because I ordered 4 kits so shipping was $20 for all.
                          Last edited by Adriann yo; 03-26-2010, 07:52 AM. Reason: Addition

Comment

Originally posted by jazzmasterx View Post
                            Yeah plz post pics!
                            I'll post the pics here when I get the laptop up and running it would take forever to do it on the iPhone.
                            Members Ride sold...

Comment

If u aim the headlight down u shouldn't have any problems. I had 4300k and aimed them down and nobody ever complained. I even tested it out with a friend of mine, drove toward him and drove in back to make sure. Or another thing u could do is fab up a cutoff shield so the light ain't hella all over the place. As for temp personally I wouldn't go over 6000k, just starts to look retarded.

Comment

i noticed these actually have a cutoff ... where is yours?

our cars are getting kinda old and these give new brackets

time for what alot of people are wanting to see the cutt off pics and this is the distance i was from the shed

i likey alot!!! looks clean IMO

what it looks like for the cockpit

that cutoff is nice right outta the box

looking mean
                                the glare isnt bad either.
                                Members Ride sold...

Comment

Working...
                                X