Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Getting rid/colour matching the Chrome trim around windows ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting rid/colour matching the Chrome trim around windows ?

how would you get rid of/colour match and blend in the chrome trim around the windows/doors exactly without ruining anything?

thanks ^_^

Well, it's stainless steel so you'll have to provide a surface for the paint to adhere to. The other option is what I did - blackout tape.

Comment

i would totally use the blackout tape because it's reversable and less time consuming.

if you must paint it though, you'd need to scuff up the trim and use a self etching primer followed by paint.

and like mj213 stated, it's not chrome, but stainless steel. later.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
        i would totally use the blackout tape because it's reversable and less time consuming.

if you must paint it though, you'd need to scuff up the trim and use a self etching primer followed by paint.

and like mj213 stated, it's not chrome, but stainless steel. later.
        hmm, the blackout tape looks sweet.. but the stainless steel looks pretty nice kinda too.. dam.. lol TypeG's looks shinyy and good. cant decide now ;(

Comment

If you do the blackout trim, you're changing the look of the car completely. It definitely gives the car a different look to it. Ever since I did mine, I've gotten a lot of compliments on my BMW. Haha.

If you plan to get chrome wheels, polish the chrome like TypeG has. The blue looks great with chrome, but you're going to need more than just chrome trim to make it look good.

Comment

but with like something like Black matte electrical tape, I can always just peel off and polish it if I do decide to get chrome rims, for now I don't have the money to get new wheels so.. im not too sure.

Comment

maybe tape up the top surround and leave the door lip silver, best of both?

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
              UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
              NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

well i took my time to take off my all trim off and to black them out but i broke the windshield clips but other than that it looks clean i like it alot and it does look diffirent

Comment

I personally would remove them and paint them with some satin black spray paint. It's what I did on my e30 and it looked sexy!
                  _C'est La Vie, C'est La Mort_

Comment

Definitely blackout tape 100%. Its relatively quick, and if you take your time making sure the tape blends around corners, you should be great. I used the edge of my thumbnail to make sure the creases of the blackout tape fit all the way around the outside of the trim, then that makes a perfect guide to cut off excess with your olfa knife. just make sure your trim is hella clean and there arent any grains of sand under there, cause it looks like crap.

i spent a few hours painting my trim, and after 8 months it started peeling and crap.

Comment

I used a product called Plasti Dip. i think it works pretty good sprayed my trim with it a year ago and it still holding up, and if you want to remove it you can just peal it off as well.

Comment

Where do you find this "blackout tape"?....is there a specific product name or company thats sell it? It's not black electrical tape, is it?

Comment

3M makes it i believe.

Comment

3M makes it! also i never saw it until now but it doesnt look that bad with that blackout tape...i have a friend that hates the chrome..but i never really care for it..to each his own though..

Lou's Build Thread!
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181377
                            "G-Squares Are For Assholes"~PR_CB7

Comment

Working...
                            X