Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ripping inside of tire

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ripping inside of tire

i recently changed my struts and now my right rear tire is rubing on something and eating the inside of the tire wall out. ive looked and looked for something sticking out or anything and notting i had 19's on it and it killed that tire quick. the camber isn't off because the tire is sitting pretty stright up and down like it has always been. has anyone else had a problem like this by the way i put my stocks on and it's doing the same thing to that tire.
    who dat do dat

Is it the wall, or the edge of the contact patch that is worn?

You can't eyeball camber. If your car is lowered and your camber is not corrected, you ARE running negative camber, whether you can see it or not. It doesn't take much to destroy a tire.
    Furthermore, have you gotten an alignment recently? I assume you are lowered. Did you get an alignment after lowering? What are you lowered on?

Any pictures of the tire? It'll help people who know better than you determine the problem if they can see what you see.

Comment

ok im on tein s tech's and it's the wall the tire is still brand new none of the tread is gone it tore the inside of the tire looks like someone just sliced it with a knife but its doing it to my stocks now so something is wrong you can hear it scrubing when driveing ill try to get a good pic up
      who dat do dat

Comment

Ok, you said what springs you're on... how about shocks? (see what I'm getting at? if you're on stock shocks, you might be bottoming out, causing the tire to come into contact with something.)

Turn the wheel to full lock in each direction, and see if the tire is touching something.
        Then maybe get some fat friends to sit in or on the car... see if the added weight causes anything to touch the tire. Again, do the thing with the wheel. You might need a mirror to see under there, especially with a few fatties in the car.

Comment

it's on the back and i ride by my self and its doin it just rideing stright down the road i have kyb's and by the way that side is alittle higher than the other three sides could the shock be blown amd locked out
          who dat do dat

Comment

I can barely understand you, and you seem to be missing the point of what I said above.

Anyway, post up a picture, do what I suggested, and we'll go from there.

Comment

if it looks off level at the back, replace your shock . buy another kyb its most likely your problem.while your there look at the other components ..i had this issue and it was my problem. a 20 yr. old car has its faults.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

if its the rear right side then you could be rubbing on some of the exhaust parts (dust shields, hangers, etc) or if thats the side thats higher than the rest you prob out the spring and/or the strut wrong? like Deev said, post pics of the tire and if you can take a quick pic of the inner wheel well

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
                When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Am i the only person who caught that you are rocking some 19's

Comment

19s have nothing to do with the stock tire rubbing tho my buddy has 20's on his. I'm not a fan of the 15 inch wheels but I'm still trying to get the pics up of where it ripped the tire
                    who dat do dat

Comment

How did you mount "stock" 15 inch tires on 19 inch rims ??? Or did you used to have 19 inch rims but now have 15 inch rims. If that is the case why did you even mention your 19" and your buddies 20" rims ?
                      Last edited by dano28; 12-01-2010, 03:58 PM.

Comment

I have 19's and stock tires and both are getting ripped on same tire on right rear of course u can't get a 15 on a 19 inch rim lol
                        who dat do dat

Comment

Are we ever going to get a picture of what's going on, or are you just going to live with it tearing up your tires until you crash?

Comment

Deev how do I get the pics posted on here
                            who dat do dat

Comment

Click that button. Enter the URL for your image. You have to host them elsewhere, because they're not going on my server.

Comment

Working...
                              X