Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ebay projector headlights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay projector headlights?

So when I bought the car it had been involved in a small fender bender. It will need a new fender, bumper and headlight. I was looking at these projectors on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-91...#ht_1730wt_939
    They are DOT approved. Has anyone used them? I will also be purchasing a hid kit in the future so I would like to get a projector of some sort.

I really like the black housing vs chrome also.
    Last edited by JoshM; 03-13-2011, 10:19 PM. Reason: merged

ugh, not another thread about these.

Comment

I searched and didnt find anything pertaining to these specifically. How is the light output?

Comment

Shit.

Comment

So which headlights would you suggest?? I am going to go with hids in the near future, so something that will work with them!

Comment

Stock ones with projectors retrofitted (see DIY section), or ebay sells some that look like the stock headlights, but have a low beam projector, and dont look all shitty like those 1 piece ones.

Comment

Originally posted by siguy2k View Post
              So which headlights would you suggest?? I am going to go with hids in the near future, so something that will work with them!
              These are some of the nicest aftermarket haedlights you can get for the accord

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Accor...item1e61c64dab

Comment

Yes from what I've read these have terrible output. Most people retrofit (taking projectors and installing them into stock headlights) from a TSX, S2000 will also work. There are a lot that will work.

I don't think there is any point of running halogens in a projector, save up for the proper retrofit and do it all at once. With HID's. Also side note for HID's anything over 6K is pointless and output of the light will suck. 5K is optimal and that is pure white.
                Current:
                2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
                1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
                1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Like these?
                  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Accor...#ht_2731wt_939

Comment

Ninja'd!

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post

These. I'll probably get a set for my next CB. Save the hassle of retrofitting.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Nub View Post
                        Yes from what I've read these have terrible output. Most people retrofit (taking projectors and installing them into stock headlights) from a TSX, S2000 will also work. There are a lot that will work.

I don't think there is any point of running halogens in a projector, save up for the proper retrofit and do it all at once. With HID's. Also side note for HID's anything over 6K is pointless and output of the light will suck. 5K is optimal and that is pure white.
                        A projector is not pointless without HID's

it still helps to more evenly distribute your light output

98-01 integra's come stock with projectors and halogen headlights

So does the 04-09 mazda 3

Im sure theres more but thats all i know of off the top of my head.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post

Have you used these? How is the light output? I like being able to see everything on the road. I hate crappy headlights.

Comment

Originally posted by siguy2k View Post
                            Have you used these? How is the light output? I like being able to see everything on the road. I hate crappy headlights.
                            I haven't but P5ylance has

Comment

Well I think I will give those a try.

Comment

Working...
                              X