Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Shaved door handles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shaved door handles

I have a cb7 coupe and I'm thinking of getting some shaved door handles but I've read some peoples reviews and they where not that good people saying how they couldn't get in there car is there anyone here who has shaved door handles and have any advice thanks

Well if your battery ran out there's no way to power your door poppers so that's where you get stuck outside, unless you crawl through the trunk

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
    2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Dont forget you drive a tuner car/import. Not a lowrider, do you think shaved door handles would look good on your car?

Comment

I had shaved rear door handles on my last cb, don't do it you are gonna regret it.

92 Accord Cb7 ^^
        My Ride Thread~~Click Below.
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176232

Comment

I never liked the look myself, but if you really want to do it, make sure you have the poppers hooked up to a back up battery source ( I've seen people use the car alarm backup batteries) and make sure its done well by a good body guy who will weld in filler panels. Just taking the handles out and slapping body filler aint gonna cut it.

Bought from: TypeG,mak,CB7_ACCORD,ChampCoupe,Blackex
          Traded with: Cb7xChun
          Sold to: Rob_is_legend,DaddyO,daheavyking
          Sedan MR Thread Coupe MR Thread Prelude Si MR Thread
          My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

some shaved door handle systems come with an emergency back up button that you hide on the outside of the vehicle.

http://www.thehoffmangroup.com/autol...nc=shaveddoors
            "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Originally posted by drew12000 View Post
              some shaved door handle systems come with an emergency back up button that you hide on the outside of the vehicle.

http://www.thehoffmangroup.com/autol...nc=shaveddoors
              Wouldn't that just make it an easy target for someone looking to steal his car/stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by learningkid View Post
                Wouldn't that just make it an easy target for someone looking to steal his car/stuff?
                yea. if you told everyone where the outside mechanism was. you can put it anywhere you want.
                "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

I thought about doing this with my car along with shaved side moldings and gas-door (was going to get a pop-up flush mount gas cap and put it in the roof), but i'm glad i didnt have the money to do it when i was wanting to. i think it looks great, but after seeing all of my friends that had done it and the trouble it caused them, i decided not to. there is too much to go wrong-bad solenoids, crappy steel cable breaking, battery dying, etc.

as for the battery dying thing, my plan was to install remote battery terminals somewhere on the outside of the car so i could always jump it and open the door if i ever got locked out with the battery dead. you can also figure out a cable-pull, but then you're vulnerable to thieves that know your car. finally, i've seen a couple people shave the door handles, but keep the lock tumbler and have that be the door-opener. no battery to die, no electronics, just not quite as clean.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                  Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                  'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                  Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Don't do it. I did it on a 4door CB and it didn't flow with the car at all. Ended up buying new doors :idiotme:

Comment

bad idea is bad. find a pic of a single nice import with shaved door handles and ill show you barack obama on a unicorn

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
                      And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
                      Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

Originally posted by J3wman View Post
                        bad idea is bad. find a pic of a single nice import with shaved door handles and ill show you barack obama on a unicorn
                        my friend's hatch is pretty damn clean. its still in primer in this pic, but you can see how it flows. the only thing i didnt like about the car was the primered corner lights but he's since replaced those. sorry for how green it looks, i took it a long ass time ago before i was decent at photography.

Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 04-05-2011, 03:33 PM.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Shaved handles and moldings

Comment

ive got a 77 corolla with shaved handels kept the lock tho, looks pretty clean to me,

Comment

want some good advise keep it simple whats the advantage other than looks and security. As far as looks go I wouldnt say its an improvement and for the security theres alot better ways to go about it like hiding a killswitch windows are easy to break and even with shaved door handles people can still use a coat hanger and pop ur locks its just gunna cause you a headache sooner or later. But i will say its a matter of opinion on what looks good just expect problems.

Comment

Working...
                              X