Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Painting Interior?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im almost done my black interior swap. only problem is i have been using vinyl/carpet paint on some random pieces that i didnt have like the center console and shifter. If you paint it right then it looks beautiful. i used gloss black and the center console looks amazing but i doubt it will hold up for too long. That would be my only concern, it not lasting and looking ugly

Comment

Originally posted by nicholasjacker View Post
      im almost done my black interior swap. only problem is i have been using vinyl/carpet paint on some random pieces that i didnt have like the center console and shifter. If you paint it right then it looks beautiful. i used gloss black and the center console looks amazing but i doubt it will hold up for too long. That would be my only concern, it not lasting and looking ugly
      when you finish your interior project can you send me a pic plz?
      Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. –Napoleon Hill

Members ride Thread

Instagram: IbSprintin

Comment

SEM swear by it!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pcggattnc View Post
          dude. my interior, on my accord project was f***ed. i havnt done it yet but jus rough up the panels with 800 grit so u can keep the original texture of the plastics. if u want smoothe hit with 400 grit.
          then use wax and grease remover in a lint free towel( if ur useing a micro fiber towel make sure to swipe the w&g remover in one direction to keep from pulling up fibers and leaving it on the panel. maybe 2 swipes, one to put on the w&g r. , and one swipe to remove the leftover film of the w&g r.)\
          the ur ready for some bulldog adhesion promoter, spray this on light ( u dont want a build, for texture purposes)
          then ur ready for a slight prime. this step is optionable.
          use SEM color Honda black, get it at advanced or where ever u want. spray on light and give time to flash (dry) add coats till desired.
          this is how im doing my interior plastics. if anyone has a better way let me know cuz i dont have time to go to the pik n pull that is not too close and is also closed on the weekends.
          This guy is 100% dead on if you wanna paint your interior.. SEM is the ONLY paint i would use on my interior if i was to re-do it again. The methods for prep are good too. Dont use to much bulldog but a light film like he said SEM FTW i work in a auto-paint store and its the best we have, Dealerships use it to fix dashes and vynil and all that stuff

8 Accords so far:
          '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
          '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
          (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Originally posted by Cb_JoeyG View Post
            This guy is 100% dead on if you wanna paint your interior.. SEM is the ONLY paint i would use on my interior if i was to re-do it again. The methods for prep are good too. Dont use to much bulldog but a light film like he said SEM FTW i work in a auto-paint store and its the best we have, Dealerships use it to fix dashes and vynil and all that stuff
            SEM only bought onnline?
            Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. –Napoleon Hill

Members ride Thread

Comment

i would take climate in consideration before painting it if you live somewhere that gets really hot making the inside of the car brutally hot i would just swap it out with something from the junk yard but if thats not the case by all means go for the paint idea

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

Originally posted by redlined302 View Post
                i would take climate in consideration before painting it if you live somewhere that gets really hot making the inside of the car brutally hot i would just swap it out with something from the junk yard but if thats not the case by all means go for the paint idea
                im glad you said that bc its HOTTTTTT over here!

Members ride Thread

Comment

DONY PAINT IT DYE IT. RIT dye from walmart. around the Clorox and mops.
                  frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
                    DONY PAINT IT DYE IT. RIT dye from walmart. around the Clorox and mops.
                    dont paint sont dye juss SWAP lol did yu dye?

Members ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatloe View Post
                      when you finish your interior project can you send me a pic plz?
                      yes, the only thing i have left are the seats. Im thinking of getting leather seat covers. although they are expensive, i really dont want to get new seats and worry about wiring them up for power/ seatbelts not compatible

Comment

Originally posted by nicholasjacker View Post
                        yes, the only thing i have left are the seats. Im thinking of getting leather seat covers. although they are expensive, i really dont want to get new seats and worry about wiring them up for power/ seatbelts not compatible
                        0o0oh wow! thats wussup!! cant wait to see that! did yu find it in a JY?

Members ride Thread

Comment

Working...
                        X