Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rim Size, Width & Offset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rim Size, Width & Offset

I dont know much about fitment and would be wondering if some 17x9 + 35 would fit our rear arch? i'm not planning on using lot of negative camber and i'm droped from 1.7" or so

Thanks.

1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Mat Black] Sold
    1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Rosewood]

18 inch is pretty big...so it probably would be a tight fit. I do know if you do camber out a 18 in wheel, you will have rubbing

Comment

He said 17".
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Tommi has 17x9 Acura wheels on his cb and he had to roll the fenders because his tire rubbed when he had passengers in the car.
        Sold to:
        GunRunner,mtnickel,SanJoCaF22DrAcc,sikz6,daovangph otos,megarock15,
        Purchased From :cb95spd,"sleepin"

Comment

Originally posted by Koochologist View Post
          Tommi has 17x9 Acura wheels on his cb and he had to roll the fenders because his tire rubbed when he had passengers in the car.
          They're 17 x 8.
          The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
            They're 17 x 8.
            Oops my bad your right. Well if he has 17x8 and had to roll his fenders I would assume you would definitely have to do it for 17x9.
            Sold to:
            GunRunner,mtnickel,SanJoCaF22DrAcc,sikz6,daovangph otos,megarock15,
            Purchased From :cb95spd,"sleepin"

Comment

Originally posted by kosheen1 View Post
              I dont know much about fitment and would be wondering if some 17x9 + 35 would fit our rear arch? i'm not planning on using lot of negative camber and i'm droped from 1.7" or so

Thanks.
              Alex is running 17 x 9.5 with a +18 I believe. He did some fender modification (pulled fenders out), and he's running a little bit of negative camber. You definitely will have to roll your fenders and run a 215/40 or 45 tire. Fitment will be very close (talking mere millimeters here).

Also, DJ Hizzle is running 17 x 9 +35 with almost no camber, and his works. Look at both of their cars.

DJ Hizzle
              Aleks77

- D. Chappelle

Comment

If you are planning on running that size, you are going to have to be lowered more than what you are, or else the wheels and tire will poke. I'm also certain that you can get away without have to pull the fenders.

Originally posted by Koochologist View Post
                Oops my bad your right. Well if he has 17x8 and had to roll his fenders I would assume you would definitely have to do it for 17x9.
                No, you won't, depending on the offset.
                | Cali Accord Meet | FatFourCustoms | HS4Lyfe

Do It Once, Do It Right!

Comment

i had to roll, mean PULL mine a little bit so my 16x8's could fit.

Comment

Anything 8.5" or wider calls for a fender roll unless massive amounts of negative camber is ran.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

negative camber looks like trash anyhow. AND its not cool....at all, i hate it.

Comment

Yup, Hizzle had quaters pulled and rolled he plan on stayin as close to 0d cambers thanks yall.

Comment

What's wrong with a little camber?
                          | Cali Accord Meet | FatFourCustoms | HS4Lyfe

Do It Once, Do It Right!

Comment

What about 16x8 25mm offset....any issues with that size?
                            My whips so clean I can see the reflection of your car in the reflection of my car on the reflection of your car

Comment

Lot of users already used that fitment, depending on the drop, negative camber apply.

Comment

Working...
                              X