Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

XXR 002s 15x7 Questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XXR 002s 15x7 Questions...

Ok guys I'm in need of some help. I am new to modifying hondas since all ihave been around is domestic cars most my life. Anyways, I am looking at buying a set of 15x7 XXR 002 wheels. My main question is what offset should I run. I don't want the wheels to stick out past the fenders. Basically I want them even with the edge of the fender. I am planning on lowering the car at the same time along with installing camber kits. Also, is there any recommendations on lowering springs? I was thinking skunk2s. I am also wondering if 15's would look too small on the car, 16s maybe? . Just looking for a clean setup. Any suggestions would be awesome. Thanks!

Skunk2 suspension components are garbage (this is the second time I've said this today!) My suggestion would be H&R, either the Race or Sport (race is lower.) Be sure to get shocks that are properly matched to the springs.

Proper offset for our cars would be between +38 and +42. Some people run lower offset wheels... as is the trend with those cheap-ass XXR wheels that everyone seems to be obsessed with lately... but lower offset can cause clearance issues (which can be overcome by running extreme negative camber... and then you're destroying your tires.)

Comment

15' wheels have a benefit of having a cheaper market for tires. 16's however can be a bit more expensive, but look alot better for daily driving purposes, not sacrificing too much of the comfort, and still looking good.

With 15"s you'll have to go lower to cover the gap between the fender and tire, therefor possibly creating more of a camber issue.

With Spring/Shock combo, I'd say go with 16's

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

The overall wheel/tire diameter should be the same with 15s or 16s... if it's not, you're running the wrong size tire.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          as is the trend with those cheap-ass XXR wheels that everyone seems to be obsessed with lately...
          damn deev.. why so harsh on XXR? I have a set of them on my VW, had them for 2+ years and I love them, Ive also ordered another set for my CB. Yeah I agree they are cheap.. That is good for a lot of people who cant afford to drop 2-3k on a set of 3peice or JDM wheels. Maybe it is a trend, so what, ten years ago you couldn't drive down the street without passing a dozen hondas rolling on motegi wheels. Maybe its not your choice of wheel, maybe you have tons of money to waste on expensive wheels, but why speak of the brand like its horrible that someone would buy them. Not trying to be a dick, just my feelings.

OP- as said 16s will look better as far as wheel gap goes, without having an extreme drop. Also, If it was a civic 15s are fine, on the bigger chassis accord, 15s just seem small to me. But its your car, do what you wish. XXRs are great, I love mine, the finish holds up great, although they have never seen winter/salt.

Comment

Some people may hate on knock off wheels and that's cool, but me personally wouldn't want to drop 2k on some ccws and always worry about something happening to them when I could spend 500..... seriously though who wouldn't rock these xxrs?
            My whips so clean I can see the reflection of your car in the reflection of my car on the reflection of your car

Comment

I've never dropped a ton of money on wheels, and I'm not saying anyone should... but people talk about XXR like they're hot shit, when they're nothing but poorly made cheapo wheels. They come in low offsets, which are NOT right for our FWD cars, and all the kiddies want to be "hellaflush" and put them on there anyway.
              Today's trend demands that we all buy these cheaply made wheels, and it's laughable how many "how do i make these xxr wheels fit my ride?" threads I see come and go on here.

Argue my opinion if you wish. Do as you wish, as it's your car. I answered the question.

Comment

Well I'm not going to argue your opinion, because well...thats all it is....an opinion. Now back on track. The 521s are a nice wheel also. But I can only find them in a +20 offset. Do they make them in a more positive offset?

Comment

Not unless you want 18's or bigger, no.

Originally posted by Makaveli2k
                  White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p

Comment

I know you said that the proper offset is +38 to +42 but I'm wondering how much trouble I'll have with a set that are +25? I really like the XXR 522 but in a 16" rim they only come in zero or +25 offset.

Comment

Originally posted by eastwood View Post
                      I know you said that the proper offset is +38 to +42 but I'm wondering how much trouble I'll have with a set that are +25? I really like the XXR 522 but in a 16" rim they only come in zero or +25 offset.
                      Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      but lower offset can cause clearance issues (which can be overcome by running extreme negative camber... and then you're destroying your tires.)
                      There is your answer. Read before posting.

Originally posted by Makaveli2k
                      White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p

Comment

Does anybody have a picture of an accord with the 002s? Ive been searching but haven't come across any as of yet.

Comment

Here are mine, they're 16x8 0 offset though so the tires stick out a lot and i will need crazy camber to be sble to lower the car.

MRT Thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193631
                          My fs thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=190359

Comment

Well I narrowed my choice down to the
                            501s. Now my next question would be how low? Would a 2" be too much? I found a set of springs with a 1.7" & 1.8" drop.

Comment

the 501s are a nice choice. theres not certain drop you have to have with these wheels as they are your car. most who run low offset wheels, run full coilover set ups. that way they can adjust the dampening on the suspension to minimize tire/fender rub. although doing that, you;'ll most likely have to run full stiff. which isnt much fun unless your into that.

dont get Skunk2 anything. i had some Dropzone lowering springs before. LOVED the ride and drop. when it settled i think i had a 2-2.5 finger gap all around. and it rode smooth. not too low to where i scraped on everything but not to high to where it looked like there wasnt a drop at all.

search around this site and look at different drop heights and see what you like. once you find the springs you like, if you on a budget, get some KYB GR-2s. one of the members of my car club run them on his CB for the past 4yrs with some coilover sleeves and loved the ride. or if you have a little more money to spend, some Function Form Type ones. they're full coilovers and will ride better then a few spring/strut combos out there.

Comment

Working...
                              X