Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Smaller Rim size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smaller Rim size?

Hey i found some konig rims on craiglist, but there 13 inch. I like smaller rim sizes because that way the car can actually be lower and it won't rub as much. But, i was wondering if there would be major issues ? because i know sometimes that something like this can affect something else, and then affect another thing, and then another. i feel if i replace these rims thn something might go wrong.
    is it just me? or am i crazy haha?

Thanks
    -sideways

One thing you will have to be careful on is to make sure the brakes don't rub the rims. Not too sure if it will on that size. Other than that I don't see many problems. But this is not my area. Others may have experience and know what else may go wrong.

Comment

Um... smaller rims just mean you need more tire... unless you want your speedometer to be WAY off, and the car to look... well... stupid.

Comment

I would anticipate issues with being able to clear the caliper on the front wheels. But before even considering that, if you think this is the better way to lower a car you're delusional.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Smallest you can fit is 14inch. Unless you remove your calipers...
          wat?

Comment

Be careful with what you suggest to some of the people on this board.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Smallest diameter you could probably fit is 13.75" rims. They would have to be custom made and finding tires is trickier.

Even then you would still have to grind the caliper a bit for clearance.

I've seen this work on a track prepped G2 integra.

Key words being track prepared. This was on a short course.

Comment

whoa...seriously, 13 inches? Thats just dumb. stick with 15" and 16"
                Dylan Prichard : 812-595-1072

92 cb7: DX, coupe, 5spd, leather.

Comment

Alright then, see u knew something could go wrong. Haha. Thanks for all the help before I contacted the guy! Thanks again everybody!

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                    Thats not true, we used to throw 13x7's on Accords all the time back in the day (when that shit was cool, lol).

Comment

They are correct 14" is the smallest you can go that will clear the caliper. Plus with 13" wheel with medium profile tires your speedo will read 60 and youll be going like 45 and your engine will be revving high just in street traffic.. But hey where theres a will theres a way, Swap some CRX-HF calipers and rotors on bwhahah

Edit: Maybe information is just corrupt, Ive seen only 14" wheels fitting our accords but I just did a search and came up with:
                      1993 Honda Accord Coupe 13" x 5" Steel Wheel Part Number: STL63637U45
                      Rating: Perfect

I still think thats wrong though. maybe its the pre-1990 accord that can fit a 13" wheel
                      Oh well
                      Last edited by illinois_erik; 03-06-2012, 04:36 PM.

Comment

If your main concern is getting the car lower, small wheels isn't the way to go. You can get very low on 15's and 16's with just a coilover setup. Even lower if you choose to go spend the money on an air suspension system. Like the others before me I would not recommend it.

Comment

I just got done telling you guys I used to put 13x7's on CB's back in the day. You guys just be saying whatever comes out of your mouth without even knowing what you're talking about. Apparently none of you have attempted to put a 13" wheel on your CB or you would know different.
                          Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                          They are correct 14" is the smallest you can go that will clear the caliper.
                          Originally posted by Punkrampant View Post
                          Smallest diameter you could probably fit is 13.75" rims.
                          Yeah OK... Not a CB but you get the point.

Comment

never tried putting 13" wheels on my car because well its a car not a lawn tractor. I still say 13" steelies wont fit. Maybe aftermarket thats wider and different offset will. But hey if youre going for a look where 17 clowns might pop out more power to ya

Comment

Nobody said put them on your car. Just letting you guys know they fit, thats what the topic of this thread is.

Comment

Working...
                              X