Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cherry bomb glass pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cherry bomb glass pack

I don't know if this is performance or appearance. i think its sound hopefully when i buy this muffler it will have a deep sounding tone. have any of yo had it? what do you think about it? do you like it? can you tell me more!?

Originally posted by sideways View Post
    I don't know if this is performance or appearance. i think its sound hopefully when i buy this muffler it will have a deep sounding tone. have any of yo had it? what do you think about it? do you like it? can you tell me more!?
    Glass pack is not a muffler.

It will sound like a lawn mower. Get the cherry bomb turbo muffler, its only about 30 bucks and sounds pretty good. Me and a few guys on here had them and you can't beat them for the price.
    wat?

Comment

A glass pack is really only intended to be used as a resonator.

Even the 'turbo muffler' isn't made for an N/A engine. The idea behind a "turbo" muffler is that there is a smaller sound-deadening chamber, because turbo engines don't need as much muffling. The restriction of the turbo muffles the sound a bit, making the muffler size requirement smaller.

Comment

So that glass pack is a resonator. Is it a good one to put one on our cars? Because in in dire need of one.

Comment

What do you mean "is it good to put on our cars"?
          It's a resonator. An in-line muffler, if you will. It will make your car quieter, and add a bit of restriction in the process.
          Taking a few minutes to do a bit of research on what a glass pack is, and what it does, will be very beneficial to you. I did just that many years ago, and now I know enough to make a decision on my own!

Comment

Thanks deeve!!!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              A glass pack is really only intended to be used as a resonator.

Even the 'turbo muffler' isn't made for an N/A engine. The idea behind a "turbo" muffler is that there is a smaller sound-deadening chamber, because turbo engines don't need as much muffling. The restriction of the turbo muffles the sound a bit, making the muffler size requirement smaller.
              Its not a turbo muffler. That's the name. Cherry bomb turbo. Has nothing to to with f/i.

Its a good cheap, not too loud muffler, its not even a straight through design.
              wat?

Comment

Does anyone got a sound clip of the cherry bomb turbo muffler

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                  Its not a turbo muffler. That's the name. Cherry bomb turbo. Has nothing to to with f/i.

Its a good cheap, not too loud muffler, its not even a straight through design.
                  It is a turbo muffler...... Turbo mufflers differ from mufflers made for N/A cars. As deeve said, the turbo acts as a muffler and quiets things down a bit. So, with a turbo muffler it is less restricting than a muffler made for N/A cars. You can still use it on an N/A car, I have one on the wagon in my sig and boy does it sound beautiful! The one I have is 16+ years old though! Might be time for a change!

Comment

here is a link to my exhaust all the specs are in the description. its not a glasspack but its but its a cherry bomb with a magnaflow muffler. full 2.5" exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z63O1...gJWzMgA68bV4I=

Comment

Honestly I just put a ractive cannon muffler on mine 2" exhaust from cat back. Sounds good not loud and raspy unless I' running 4k rpm's or above I have stock resonator & thier right on the Turbo muffler. As for a cherry bomb or thrush glasspack your car is already equipped with a a resonator find a muffler. Not a resonator. Magna flow. Dynomax. Do some research to find the sound you like.personally. save up and buy a catback. Less restrictive bigger tubing. Takes some back pressure off the Eng. U can get a header and downpipe later on if you don't already have one just my.02

Comment

The stock piping (and stock resonator) will still provide one hell of a restriction. Not much performance will be gained. It'll just make a little more noise. Then again, this thread is placed in the appearance section so perhaps that's fine!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          The stock piping (and stock resonator) will still provide one hell of a restriction. Not much performance will be gained. It'll just make a little more noise. Then again, this thread is placed in the appearance section so perhaps that's fine!
                          mike in my opinion the cherrybomb adds a nice touch of red to underneath the car just alittle unseen flare i guess lol.

Comment

True. That's the first "appearance" oriented thought in this entire thread!

Comment

i put one of the real short ones my 4 cylinder toyota pickup. And it almost mkes it sound like a v6 lol. Especially when there are walls near by for it to echo off of. I had no other parts on it, no muffler, cat or anything, just pipe and cherry bomb.

Comment

Working...
                              X