Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

94 ITR rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ROH conversion they'd clear then. lol sorry, there was a debate in another thread about why or why not ROH is a good option when doing a rotor change.

Some people view it as a waste of money. But hell if your that broke what are you doing modifying a car anyways.About the only reason I wouldnt do ROH is if it were a beater. My ride rolls on stock rims and traklites. Fuck all that rota garbage, go big or go home.

I got a 2nd job to fund my CD5 so the wifey can't bitch Been slacking though need to move it back to 5 days a week there and bank up.

Comment

Why would a ROH conversion create more clearance? You use the same caliper and caliper bracket in the conversion.....

(I've never used ITR wheels...please correct me if I am wrong...)
      Originally posted by deevergote
      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

you will need 5mm the least spacers behind the front wheels. for them to clear. or.... shave the caliper down.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
          Why would a ROH conversion create more clearance? You use the same caliper and caliper bracket in the conversion.....

(I've never used ITR wheels...please correct me if I am wrong...)
          If you can't figure that one out im sorry. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by MortsAccord View Post
            If you can't figure that one out im sorry. Lol
            Nope, cannot figure it out.

anyone care to explain why ROH gives you more clearance?
            Originally posted by deevergote
            These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

i'll probably go with the 5mm spacers....what brand have u been using crazymikey? and wouldnt u want spacers all around so the spacing matches front and back or is it so little that u cant notice the difference

My MRT!: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=2800644

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
                Nope, cannot figure it out.

anyone care to explain why ROH gives you more clearance?
                The rotor hat.

The hubs may stick out a little farther as well. Ill measure mine tomorrow, from hub to hub. Keep in mind my car is a cd5 though.
                Last edited by MortsAccord; 05-12-2012, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Some people view it as a waste of money. But hell if your that broke what are you doing modifying a car anyways.
                  Doing a roh conversion when you change rotors very rarely, that is a waste of money. And roh is really just for conveinence, I would hardly consider it a worth while mod. Who goes through rotors that fast to even justify doing it?

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
                    Doing a roh conversion when you change rotors very rarely, that is a waste of money. And roh is really just for conveinence, I would hardly consider it a worth while mod. Who goes through rotors that fast to even justify doing it?
                    Who puts slotted and drilled rotors on their car just to have them more likely to suffer structural failure? Running spacers is crap, unless you have a well designed spacer that has some kind of balance its not a good idea to do.. just to be able to use a set of ITR rims?

ROH costs alot? As if. Consider new pads rotors and bearings(which do go bad and would do well to be replaced on a 20 year old car), the only cost is the spindles. Or you can source the entire assembly at a junk yard for cheap.

I bet you guys that diss on ROH, also like to turn rotors when they "warp", cause its cheaper than new rotors. What a waste of time and money.

Comment

Who puts slotted and drilled rotors on their car just to have them more likely to suffer structural failure? Running spacers is crap, unless you have a well designed spacer that has some kind of balance its not a good idea to do.. just to be able to use a set of ITR rims?

ROH costs alot? As if. Consider new pads rotors and bearings(which do go bad and would do well to be replaced on a 20 year old car), the only cost is the spindles. Or you can source the entire assembly at a junk yard for cheap.

I bet you guys that diss on ROH, also like to turn rotors when they "warp", cause its cheaper than new rotors. What a waste of time and money.
                      Lol, who are you talking to man because it sure ain't me (even though you quoted my post). I don't have slotted rotors. I don't run spacers. And nobody is "dissing" roh. I was just stating that most of us don't change rotors enough to justify roh, whether it be the price or the time and shit of doing it or both. And removing rotors on a vehicle with hor isn't even that difficult. I mean, the way you defend it makes it seem like you invented the shit.

All the OP has to do is shave the caliper. Spacers or roh is completely unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by 206CB7 View Post
                        i'll probably go with the 5mm spacers....what brand have u been using crazymikey? and wouldnt u want spacers all around so the spacing matches front and back or is it so little that u cant notice the difference
                        No idea what brand they are. I just ordered them at the tire shop and when they came in they handed me 2 spacers with no packaging.

I do want to add 5mm spacers to the rear to even it out. You can notice a slight difference, but only if you're looking for it.

Comment

yea man 5mm spacers and extended studs are a must so your wheeles wont go flying off

Comment

I'd be getting some ITR's myself tomorrow for my CB9.. glad i read this topic

Comment

Originally posted by 93blackcb7 View Post
                              yea man 5mm spacers and extended studs are a must so your wheeles wont go flying off
                              5000 miles on 5mm spacers and stock lugs & studs....no wheels flying off here.

Comment

im using 5mm spacers and fit just fine. i might get extended stud bolts though, just to be sure lol

Comment

Working...
                                X